Thursday, December 24, 2009

 

Day 1404 - Not a creature was stirring - EXCEPT for the mouse...


Greetings, Bloggy Stocking Hangers!

Tonight's the big night, where Santa rises out of the pumpkin patch...Oops -wrong holiday...

Family and friends - I hope you have a wonderful, magical Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I know we will!

Aren't these adorable Christmas cookies?

The mice are made from Hershey's kisses, almond slices and cherries. Too SWEET to eat!

There is a reason I chose mice for today's photo.

Yesterday at the health club I was doing my water exercise, and I was the only person in the pool. The lifeguard was busy in the pool office across the hall.

I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, and 'what to my wondering eye should appear, but a little gray mouse who didn't belong here!'

The mouse scurried along the wall - as I scurried for the steps thinking 'Don't jump in here with me, mouse. Don't jump in here with me!'

I told the lifeguard (yes, you know him - it was the famous 'His name is GEORGE?' lifeguard) about the mouse, and he in turn got the maintenance man. They made a plan...

Armed with empty plastic tubs, they flushed it out and then set out to capture the mouse (humanely, even) by barricading its hiding place with the plastic tubs and forcing it to run into one of the tubs. The maintenance man then calmly carried the mouse outside and put it out on the grass outside the club.

Charlie and I can go to the pool today and see if the mouse managed to get back in.

Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope everyone gets out early from work!

Merry Christmas!

Comments:
Hi Karen,
I just love these cookies! The mouse story is good too!
Merry Christmas. CLS
 
Merry Christmas, Everyone! Love you!

We're supposed to get a big rain and windstorm later today, but we'll be cozy at home and enjoy NOT going anywhere.

We just had some spiral ham on Hawaiian rolls (they taste just like portuguese sweet bread), with pea pods and dip on the side.

YUM-O!
 
I had a latte and a reduced fat scone. I will have soup later. Exciting, huh. Still struggling with attending church tonight or just being satisfied with the Vatican mass on TV which I can watch in the comfort of my own home.

Nippy here for SF--high 40's at night, 50's in the day. Beautiful sunshine!
 
Merry Christmas everyone! I was so happy to hear that the mouse was removed ALIVE and returned to the outside. Yay!

Those mouse cookies are really cute! Getting ready to go to Michelle's house....then home to finish wrapping stuff. Can't wait for morning! =)
 
I have forgotten to say that MANY Christmas Eves, I stayed up till 2am wrapping gifts! Not my favorite thing.

LONG LIVE GIFT BAGS!

Evan was always a better wrapper than me, he was more careful!
 
Everything is under the tree except for Santa--he'll be along later! That mouse story is too cute, and for some unknown reason, I agree with Heather that he was captured alive is a good thing. Once I used that sticky paper to catch a mouse, and then I threw it out back to the corner of the yard and low and behold I watched it jump right off the paper into the woods, and for the same unknown reason, I was happy for its escape! Well this is too much attention to the mouse subject!

We'll be having food later at Mary Ann's Christmas eve party, and going to church twice--an early service in WP, then an 11:30 service here in SP. I'm still excited about Christmas morning--must run in the family!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?