Wednesday, December 23, 2009

 

Day 1403 - Christmas Eve Eve!


Greetings, Bloggy Christmas Shoppers!

Are you ready yet?

I just need to make a stop or two or three at various grocery stores, and we are out of milk. I wonder if Charlie could put eggnog in his coffee...

I really have WAY too many things on my imaginary food list to be able to serve during the Christmas holidays, so I have to scale back.

I have two true Christmas stories to tell, overheard at the health club - both of them funny yet tragic!

Christmas Story I -

Someone participated in an 'Angel tree' kind of thing this year, where you draw a name and age of a child and bring in a gift. The child was a boy, 3 years old. Easy right? Shopping for a child that age? No sweat.

The 'shopper' has a closet at home where she and her husband stash emergency gifts, re-giftable items, and good deals that they put aside and save for when they are needed. She thought she had a train set in the closet, but when she couldn't find it, she chose instead a kiddie bat and ball set that her husband had bought at one time and put in there.

After the gifts had been delivered, she discovered (when she told her husband) that the ball and bat was a valuable collectible that he intended to save for years and sell at a later time. OOPS.

Christmas Story II - the most hilarious EVER...

Overheard last week at the health club "I got my Christmas Wish! I got my Christmas Wish! Do you know so-and-so who has the really cute husband? They are getting a divorce and he is going to be on the market! I got my Christmas Wish!"

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Comments:
Man, that's gross, well, whatever, one girl's loss is another's gain, I suppose. How does she know he's so desirable, though, maybe he's a douche-bag in actuality. A DBIA.

Too bad about the guy's baseball bat. I bet he took them back and gave the kid a new set.
 
Is giving away a "collectibles" item similar to your mother giving the paper boy your Indian head nickles? I'm sorry Karen, please forgive me, please, please, please! We're so ready for Christmas that I'm going to read for an hour, and also help Gil lug wood. Tommorrow I will bake.
 
Marcia, you crack me up.

I still have remnants of the flu and now have a splitting headache.

No more shopping to do. Christmas Eve I might even go to church for the Christmas music and decorations--to the nearby Catholic or Episcopal churches within walking distance, and will spend Christmas afternoon/night with friends.
Even though I live alone with no family nearby I have wonderful friends and the warmth and beauty of San Francisco.
 
haha! thats funny =) I need to finish wrapping all Jen & Savi's gifts. Pretty much done shopping!!! We get out at 1 tomorrow, then I'm taking the girls to Mike's sister's house at 6 for dinner. Then SANTA COMES! YAY!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?