Friday, December 18, 2009

 

Day 1398 - Friday and ONE WEEK TILL XMAS


Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

Next Friday we'll be waking up on Christmas morning and seeing what Santa has brought!

I would let the kids open their stockings very early in the morning to entertain them until DAYLIGHT when I would get up.

(Their stockings actually had lots of stuff in them)

It's Friday! You know what to do - dance in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

This is one of my favorite Christmas scenes from the Charlie Brown Christmas special - the kids dancing.

They each do their own special 'moves' over and over again - whenever I see it I laugh!

I still have ONE more thing to buy... but yesterday I forgot! Ha! I have been grocery shopping and cooking up a storm and it isn't even Christmas yet. Yesterday I cooked boneless ribs and grilled up and froze 6lbs of chicken tenders (so they'll be all ready to use for whatever I feel like making).

I have a GORGEOUS rolled and tied beef tenderloin roast in the freezer, and now I can't decide whether to have the ham and the roast the same day, or for two separate events. Has anyone ever cooked a tenderloin roast? It must cook really fast - good thing I have my handy dandy digital remote meat thermometer (thanks, Heather!)

GOTTA RUN - TTFN and have a nice Friday!

Comments:
Not a beef tenderloin roast but a couple of days ago we had beef tenderloin steak cooked on the George Forman and it was very tender. What is a digital remote meat thermometer? We're having pork tenderloin boneless roast for Christmas dinner, and that cherry cheesecake pie (I sent you the recipe). We have to watch the CD of the Charlie Brown Christmas--yes I love that dancing scene! I'm writing cards today and tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone!
 
Karen, when I was a kid many moons ago, we were allowed to open our stockings (with walnuts in the toe, an orange, socks and a few other things),then we had to eat breakfast and DO THE DISHES before we could go into the living room to see the tree! Brother Doug went out into the woods and cut down the tree on his birthday, Dec.17. Christmas Eve we left hay for the reindeer and pies and cookies for Santa, which were gone in the morning. Often snow was falling. Not many presents but idyllic Christmases just the same.
 
Hi Mom and Nancy - My digital meat thermometer has a probe that you put into the meat, and a separate 'alarm' tracker and readout that shows the current temp of the meat, then goes off when the meat reaches the desired temperature you've set it for. Very convenient.

Nice memories, Nancy!
 
Hi all! Another late post. Not able to access the internet at work anymore and I don't sit down at night until late. sorry!

the stockings were always the best part Mamma! You rock!!!
 
Nice memories, Nancy and Heather! Thanks for the pics, Karen, and the card with gift tucked inside!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?