Wednesday, December 16, 2009

 

Day 1396 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Every Who down in Whoville!

I forgot to mention 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' yesterday when I was talking about Christmas specials.

When it was first released, I was horrified at the SONGS they wrote to go along with it - but I guess I can live with them. Lots of people like them...

I never saw the movie - was it any good? I could rent it with Netflix and see.

Dr. Suess rocks - I just love his books and the illustrations that go with them. They are a big part of my childhood and my kids' as well!

So - Whassup? Are you done with your Christmas shopping? Do you know what you're cooking for Christmas dinner? Have you stocked up on brown and serve rolls before they're sold out?

These and other important questions can be answered in the comments section.

Thanks for your patronage. (ha!) Have a nice day!

Comments:
Karen, to answer your questions, I am almost done with shopping, because of mailing requirements. Am shipping gifts to Maine today in hopes they will arrive on time!Tomorrow I'll mail Eric's - (money-that's what they want at age 27, and a mushy "Son" card)and a Kate Spade IPhone cover, way cool, for his girlfriend (I bought one for myself too).

Am having a few friends over on Saturday but did shopping for them during the year. One is the seashell plate I bought at Ferry Beach (remember you know who bought the one I wanted? Peggy, I'm giving it to Marian, instead of Linda). I will have Christmas Cookies, "homemade" that day at the local bakery, assorted chocolates and eggnog.
Cooking: I will spend Christmas with my friend Denise who's a great cook. For several years, I made a Christmas goose dinner which I may ressurect when I move to Maine.
 
We mailed 2 more pkgs today to Gil's daughter and granddaughter, and that's it for mailings, except have not done my Christmas cards, except for the ones that went along with pkgs, and one to Will and one to Evan. Yes, Nancy, I remember the seaglass pottery! I'm sure Marian will like hers--she won't have any thing to compare it to. You reminded me Karen about the brown and serve rolls the stores are always out of! Gil is doing dishes (we ate supper early) and we're about to go downstairs by the stove and watch the 6 local news and the 6:30 national news. I would get more done if we didn't watch those 8pm Christmas stories on the Hallmark Channel, but we are enjoying them! The temperature is 8 degrees, and 15 the highest, also with a north wind. Brrr!
 
Hi all, late night at work today. I am just winding down and getting ready for bed. I havent done all my xmas shopping but dont have very much left. Shopping for the kids is so much easier than shopping for a billion people...but it still gets down to the last few days! All the major purchases have been made.

No cooking for xmas here. Nothing major anyway. Just regular dinner =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?