Sunday, December 13, 2009

 

Day 1393 - Salty Sunday

Greetings, Blogregation!

It's Sunday already - back to work tomorrow for the masses...

Did I tell you about my 'pretzel bagel' craving?

My favorite bagel place of all time - (Big K's in Mt. Juliet) closed. One of their specialty bagels was a pretzel bagel - a cross between one of those giant hot pretzels at the mall, and a bagel.

So - I decided to go on a mission to find them elsewhere.... Good luck. After striking out multiple times, I found a bagel bakery who said they could make them, and I put in an order for a dozen. They were still warm when I picked them up, and I was SOOOO excited.

Turns out their idea of a pretzel bagel, and Big K's idea of a pretzel bagel were different. What I got was a 'salt bagel' - more like a plain bagel with coarse salt on it. This might still have been fine, but there was a TON of salt on each bagel, not just a sprinkling as shown on this picture.

I brought them home and scraped most of the salt off each one with a knife, and even RINSED a couple of them. (waste not, want not). They are just fine for breakfast sandwiches, I didn't destroy them, and I bought some other bagels (like egg and pumpernickel) there that are awesome.

The moral of the story is - don't ASSUME you and your suppliers are talking apples and apples - you might be ordering apples while THEY are boxing up oranges.

Have a nice Sunday! TTFN!

Comments:
It was K&K Bagels! You are flashing back to the old discount store chain :)
 
Hi everyone--busy Sunday--goodbye!
 
Hey Joe - I don't flash, just a malfunction... ;-)
 
yeah right...flasher.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?