Wednesday, December 09, 2009

 

Day 1389 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Heather - hope you and yours are getting well, even a little at a time! Get well before Christmas!

I haven't given up on my Christmas cookie theme this week.

Visions of Sugar Cookies are dancing in my head... or attaching to my...whatevers.

This photo shows a Christmas cookie swap. If you haven't been to one - this is how it works.

Every participant makes a big batch of their favorite cookie(s). They are then allowed to swap.trade their cookies for someone else's, so they end up with an assortment without having to make them all.

I think it is a great idea, as long as everyone's cookies are 'up to par' and delicious!

I am hoping our next door neighbors will send us cookies or fudge or something - my sweet tooth is calling...

TTFN and have a nice Wednesday!

Comments:
My office does a cookie swap. You make 6 cookies for every person on the swap list. I didn't do it, but there were about 20 people on there! That's a TON of cookies!!!!!
Everyone is still sick. Mike said he's feeling worse than ever, Jen is home again for the 2nd day, Savi is still not eating, holding onto her 101 temp and is pretty miserable. I feel so bad! Hoping I don't get it...still only have a slight cough. Not fun!! I'm surrounded by CONTAMINATION!!!!

Hope everyone else is healthy! =)
 
Sorry Savi, sister and Dad are still sick. Sometimes I used to feel like I needed a live-in Doctor! Speaking of cookies, yesterday the Goodwill fellowship filled boxes for shut-ins with cookies (and other things), then we got to eat the rest of the cookies with tea/coffee, hence sampling quite a few! It started snowing about 8am and we now have about 8"--Gil has already been out with the snowblower as it's turning to rain, then it will freeze up. Oh happy winter!
 
I love Maine! Who outside of Maine knows what a "Shut In" is? And I guess they won't miss those extra cookies secreted away by the cookie monster(s)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?