Tuesday, December 08, 2009

 

Day 1388 - Christmas.... COOKIES!


Greetings, Bloggy Sugar-Plums!

I hope Savannah is better today, Heather!

My mother sent me some recipies yesterday for Christmas holiday goodies. Thanks, Mom!

I have been thinking about Christmas cookies after watching a segment on the food network.

It was a TON of work.

Yes, I love Christmas cookies, but only certain kinds.

Magic bars - number one.

Almond crescents with just a hint of powdered sugar - number two.

Oatmeal Date bars - number three.

Cookie DOUGH - number four.

How about you?

Do you bake cookies for the holidays, and what are your favorites?

Chat among yourselves, and post a recipe if you have an extra-special favorite!

Comments:
I have never baked holiday cookies--maybe one of those million things I plan to do when I retire-
 
I've only made the yummy peanut butter/kiss cookies & chocolate chip/nut cookies for xmas. Neither of which are traditional xmas cookies. They are too much work.
Savi is still pretty sick but went to Janet's today. She still isn't eating real food and I feel bad that I'm not with her to nurse her during the day. =(
Mike is even sicker today than he has been. Jen stayed home sick today from school. Guess I'm next???
 
Everybody in sick bed except for Heather--maybe you'll stay well--somebody has to take care of the family. Sending healing wishes your way! Talked to Karen tonight and glad to hear that all is well. I had an especially busy day--our party at Goodwill fellowship, prior to which we make decorations and food baskets for shut-in; afterwards I had to rush to do the food counter at Bingo (which means I did my baking yesterday.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?