Thursday, November 19, 2009

 

Day 1369 - ONE WEEK Till Thanksgiving!

Greetings, Bloggy Turkey Wanna-Be's!

One week from today people will be facing the battle of the year - how to cook the rest of the food when the turkey is occupying most of the oven space?

Thankfully I never have to worry about that, because I have a turkey roaster.

A friend of mine is using her NEIGHBORS kitchen (the neighbor is going out of town and offered!) as an overflow area as she prepares Thanksgiving dinner for 22 people.

Question of the day - do you make your own cranberry sauce? My sister does! I usually buy it, but there is a cranberry sauce/relish I have had with mandarin oranges in it that is exceptionally good. Once I find that recipe again, I'll make it!

I will be daydreaming of Thanksgiving feasts for an entire week. TTFN!

Comments:
That looks like the topping of Jay's special pie which we will be sampling one week from now. So excited that I will see all of the bloggers (except Lyn and family, Waaahhhh!) next week. Marcia will we be having Cape Cod scallops this year?
 
YUMMMMMM. I think Thanksgiving should be a monthly feast. My mouth is watering already. =)
 
Yes, Kelly is bringing the scallop casserole. Yay! It's getting close and we're excited. It will be so good to see all of you! We just got back from the yearly Chicken Pie supper at the WP Church. I made 2 chicken pies and Gil and I worked on the supper. They had about 100 people show up for a delicious meal.

Thanksgiving dinner starts at 1pm, and a short memorial service will be held upstairs in the Church after dinner. Can't wait!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?