Friday, November 13, 2009

 

Day 1363 - Friday the 13th!!!

Greetings, Bloggy Super Dupers!

As in Super Duper SUPERSTITION....

It's Friday the 13th!

You know what to do - TIPTOE in a circle, softly whispering 'Friday the 13th! Friday the 13th! Friday the 13th!'

I had all these 'safety rituals' when I was little and had to go upstairs, alone, in the dark.

Why is it so frightening to go upstairs alone?

Sometimes my ritual was 'I'll be safe if I hold my breath the entire way until I can turn on the light'. At other times it was the more simplified 'RUN, RUN, RUN - hit that light!'

I still hold my breath passing cemeteries so I don't breathe in the ghosts. I don't need any ghost debris in MY lungs, thank you very much.

Ok - I 'fessed up' - tell me some of YOUR heebie jeebies...

Have a nice and SAFE Friday the 13th! TTFN!

Comments:
Did you know that there's a superstition about having bananas on a boat? It's bad luck, supposedly. Many sailors take it seriously.

Seems pretty fruity to me.
 
Maybe bananas = tarantulas and snakes on the boat? I have no idea why I think that creatures stow away on bananas, but I do...
 
Jeepers, Karen, how come the light switch wasn't at the bottom of the stairs? I'm sorry my little Karen was scared! Gil was born on Friday the 13th, so 13 has always been his lucky number, and he says "lucky 13" when he calls Bingo. Today's paper said that the most often Friday the 13th occurs in a year is 3 times, and this is the third time this year. (Just in case inquiring minds want to know!) I hope Nancy reads today's blog--she can remember lots of Heebee Jeebees. When I was young I didn't dare to go down cellar after an "Inner Sanctum" radio show told about someone being murdered in the cellar. Today, I can't think of any thing I'm afraid of but I do have nightmares sometimes, so the fears must be underground!
 
I've scared myself millions of times and had to run back to safety, which was usually bed. I still get creeped out if I let my arm or leg dangle off the bed. Something will get it!! ewww
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?