Monday, November 09, 2009

 

Day 1359 - Ice, Ice, Baby...

Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

In honor of Monday, here is a picture of the flowers I received last month from my work after my surgery.

The inner plants (the fern, pothos and the striped one)are doing fine - the outer yellow cut flowers have gone by and been removed.

That reminds me to tell you about my 'ice orchid' - gift from our friends TY and SY. This orchid is both beautiful and actually low maintenance!

You water it once a week by giving it three ICE CUBES, which you just set on top of the potting material. Is that cool or what??

I love plants...

Speaking of plants - vegetables are plants too, which reminds me to make a confession.

Mom, I hate to admit it, but at the moment I prefer white turnip to yellow. (Note to all: My mother always fixes yellow turnip so for some reason I feel obligated to fix yellow turnip too!)

I am finding that the yellow ones with the wax on them are much harder to cut and cost more than the purple and white ones.

I actually get cravings for vegetables like turnips and parsnips and squash - isn't that wierd? There must be some vitamin in there I need.

Have a nice Monday and TTFN!

Comments:
Really cute hair, Karen. Beautiful tresses in your hands. Very very hard to do, I know.
What will you do with the two braids? people are always telling me to donate my hair...not a chance. I always boast about your beautiful hair. I say "you should see my sister's hair!" when someone says they like mine.

I had one of those easy care orchids. I don't think I read the directions. It has since passed.

My Christmas cactus is about to bloom. I am going to be a grandmother in 5 days...maybe it will bloom for baby Sophia. I am getting VERY nervous!
I think you are beautiful with short hair!
 
Thanks, Lyn! Congratulations on the baby-to-be, and please call me when you hear something! xxx
 
Karen,

Just a note to tell you I love your hair! and also that I think of you and pray for you every day! Hang in there and let's try to get together and do lunch sometime. I miss you!!

Love you,
Ronie
 
Thanks, Ronie! I miss you too, and yes, let's plan something! -k
 
Good to hear from Lyn on the blog! And Karen, what is white turnip? Just kidding! Ice orchids fed by ice cubes--now why should that be better than water? Can't wait for the new baby to be born so Will can be a Dad, and Lyn a grandmother! I'll be 2 times a great-grandmother--Yay!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?