Saturday, November 07, 2009

 

Day 1357 - Car Wash, Yeah!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Yes, I did it, for the first time in my life, I got my hair highlighted.

AND - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

I really do - it looks very natural but cuter than my boring pre-highlighted color.

I have tried and tried to get a photo that captures it, but the lighting just isn't right.

The photo of the top of my head probably is best to show the various layers of highlighting.

And the good news - I went to the local beauty college in Franklin to get it done!

They offer a partial foil highlighting job (I had 20 foils) for $22.50, and a full for $45 instead of $80 up.

I had two different people work on my hair - one girl did the highlight job, and another girl washed my hair (complete with scalp massage) and styled it.

The second girl was always humming to herself in between conversations, and would periodically burst (and I mean burst) into song - yelling 'Car Wash!' or 'Workin' at the Car Wash, Yeah!' - remember that disco song? She was hilarious - energetic, funny, and laughing.

These girls were 20-ish, both of them skinny as a rail with Goth-style jet black hair.

I tipped each of them, and I was there for 2 solid hours.

TTFN and have a nice Saturday!

Comments:
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks awesome! They did a great job. I am going to try a new color today for fun. I've never used one of the semi-perm. colors before. Hope they still look like the perm. ones. If not, I'll be washing my hair all weekend. haha!

Savi slept all night long! Thank goodness. I needed a good night's sleep =)
 
Congratulations on a good night's sleep! Charlie and I only slept till 4:30am! Have a nice day and I hope you like your new hair! xxx
 
Hey, it looks good! Watch out Charlie! Better keep an eye on her. Better not teach her how to do that country line-dancing.
 
I love it too! The light on my monitor is still going on and off, so I'll just say Good Morning everyone and make this short today. Again, you look great, Karen!

Glad to hear Savi is sleeping through the night again! Yay!
 
Fantastic! I love it!
 
Hey, Look great! Now we need to get you some pierced ears so you can wear some nice little sparkles. CLS
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?