Sunday, November 01, 2009

 

Day 1351 - Happy November!


Greetings, Blogregation!

As seen on a church sign earlier this week - 'The only ghost in here is holy!'

Did you set your clocks back last night?

If not - you're an hour later than you think you are...

How was the trick or treating last night?

This photo is of the GORGEOUS chocolate chess pie the next door neighbor brought over to us yesterday.

A chocolate chess pie is similar to a chocolate pecan pie texture, but no nuts.

Our neighbor said she'd made another one last weekend for us, but the meringue came out darker than she wanted and she wasn't happy with it.

Her husband stood, poised over the 'mistake pie', knife in hand, asking 'Are you going to take it over there or not?' As soon as she said NOT, he was into it... Too funny!

He obviously has a sweet tooth, he's that way about my jam as well...

Is that the most picture perfect pie ever? Charlie calls it a 'Paah', I can't really write how he pronounces pie.

Have a nice Sunday, everyone - the countdown to Thanksgiving is ON!

Comments:
Karen, "paah" is perfect for describing how Charlie says "Pie". I have a funny accent story. When I met "John 1's" mother (they were from Atlanta) she said she had "hepped" someone. It was all I could do to keep a straight face since that was at the time of the great ad, "it's not fried chicken, daddy--it's Shake and Bake, and I hepped."
 
Cute, Nancy! Mom, that pie (paah) looks super yummy!

So, we had a fun day/night yesterday. The show was interesting, to say the least. Seemed to be a decent turn out for the 1st one. TONS of vendors have already signed on for our second one in March. =) Then on to trick or treating...Savi had a wonderful time. She's so big now and I REALLY wished I'd brought my camera out so I could take a video of her walking along in her bee costume, holding her candy bucket. Once she got a lollypop, she was all done...wanted nothing else, so we packed up and went home for some much needed sleep. Today we went out quick to peek at the Halloween clearance. Lots of great ideas for NEXT YEAR! teehee =)
 
Heather - Dress her up again and take a video anyway after the fact - it's not too late to pretend! xxx-ooo
 
I would say "paah" sounds just right, and I 'm still laughing thinking about it. And a beautiful looking paah, and most likely the taste was just as good. Loved hearing about Heather and Savi's trick or treating! We're off to Mary Ann's for pizza. Celebrating Debi's birthday tonight.
 
I'm with Karen! I was so looking forward to Savi in the act of trick or treating! Funny she was ready to leave after one lollipop. Was she a little frightened, just tired or both?
And looking at Halloween clearance yesterday--you are certainly your mother's daughter!
 
PS I am wearing a Karen discount top -- animal print/flowers (red) crepe. And the $6.00 (or was it two for $6, Karen?)snowman turtleneck is in my suitcase waiting for the Thanksgiving trip.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?