Wednesday, October 21, 2009

 

Day 1340 - October Showers - Meteor Showers...


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

I didn't know about this early enough to tell you yesterday, but there were meteor showers last night, and will be for the next several nights.

They are called the Orionid meteor showers, caused by Haleys comet.

Charlie and I have gone to see these before, usually at a spot on the Natchez Trace Parkway or bridge.

There are usually plenty of other people there, doing the same thing.

One hippie-style dude walked by us one year and asked 'Got any rolling papers?' We didn't.

Tell me if you saw any shooting stars last night!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091020-2009-orionids-meteor-shower-peak.html

TTFN and watch that starry sky!

Comments:
Sorry, we're too tired by bed time to get up between 1 and 6 to look at the stars! I hope somebody in blogasphere will have a story about the meteor shower.
 
Hi all! Busy, sleepy, just stopping by to leave a quick note! My girls both had flu shots today and were very brave...lol. Halloween Party Saturday! FUN!!
Love you!!
 
I wish I could be there for the Halloween party! Have fun! xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?