Tuesday, October 13, 2009

 

Day 1332 - Of Birth and of Loss


Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Happy Birthday to Daddy Gil today - and being polite, I won't say which one.

He'll have a busy morning, full of appointments and a birthday lunch out with his daughter.

Have a great Birthday, Gilbert!

At the same time we celebrate birth, I also have had some sad news.

My Aunt Kathy in New Jersey lost her battle with lung cancer last night, and the phone has been ringing with family news.

Kathy was a golfer, skier, hiker, and so many other things. She had a very large family and an even larger heart.

We'll miss you, Kathy, and we love you!

Comments:
Karen, thanks for your remarks about Kathy. We will have fond memories of Kathy.
And to add to the bad news, I FORGOT Gil's birthday! Peggy it's all your fault for not reminding me!!
I should remember because we were on a cruise at this time last year, with Ray and Kathy who are both gone. Blogger/bloggees Karen, Peggy and I were on that cruise too and we plan to be around for A LONG TIME!! Right, gals? (and Gil too)
Love to all, and hug everyone you love!
 
Happy Birthday Gil!!! Hugs and kisses to you! xoxo

It broke my heart to hear that Kathy lost her battle, but then, it WAS a battle. Not a fun way to live. My heart goes out to poor Douglas.
 
Well, here I am in TN while my dear husband is having a birthday! We both agreed that Karen is my priority right now, and I am so happy to be here and see with my own eyes how good Karen looks and sounds. Praise God! And may the future be kind to her!

We are all very saddened by sister-in-law/Aunt Kathy's, passing last night. We had hoped against hope apparently that she could improve over time, but that wasn't to be. Kathy was a splendid person who will be missed so much. The funeral is planned for Fri am, so I'm cutting short my visit with Karen and Charlie and flying to Philadelphia on Thurs. and Gil will drive down from Maine and bring Aunt Mary Ann and Aunt Martha. We need to be there for Doug at this very sad time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?