Friday, October 02, 2009

 

Day 1321 - Made it through the night


Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's FRIDAY - you know what to do, march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Here's a cute picture of Savannah playing with her little sink set. She would wet the dishcloth and then wash US on the hand or arm. Very cute.

I am a bit stiff and sore this morning (of course), but with Charlie's help, managed dressing and getting my hair in a clip.

I have a funny story from the hospital yesterday. One of the nurses (our EMA nurse on the 'Early Morning Admissions' floor) was walking me through a bunch of questions on her checklist.

The only question I asked her over again was when she asked 'Do you have any hearing problems?' I said 'What? Can you ask that again, I didn't hear you!' We all had a big laugh after that.

I mentioned this in yesterdays update, but I have some lovely black and blues appearing where they tried to put the IV in FIVE different places (two on my hand, one on my wrist, and two on my forearm) before settling on the GOOD vein I always use when giving blood, which I informed them of before they started.

Anyway - I am feeling good, and Charlie is going to get me a chicken biscuit for breakfast, which I have been craving since last week. Once I get a craving going, I am not content until I get whatever it is I crave!

Have a nice Friday and a nice weekend!

Comments:
Karen,
I'm so thrilled that you are up and about with minimal discomfort. Thinking of you. Love CLS
 
More good news, Karen! So happy you are feeling not too badly, and have an appetite for a breakfast biscuit!
Don't you hate that when the technician doesn't take your word for where to put the needle? Unnecessary black and blues. Jeesh!

The best part is hearing your voice sounding chipper--you have wonderful courage! We'll keep those prayers and healing thoughts coming!!! I've spoken with Aunt Nancy, Aunt Peggy, and Aunt Fay, and an email from Aunt Mary Ann, and left a message for Johnny and Iris. Everyone cares for you so much!

Last but not least, that is a sweet picture of little Savi. Yes, she washed my arm, too!
 
And have spoken also with sisters, Lyn and Marcia who send so much love to you. Left a message for David, too.
 
Karen, I thought of you last night while watching Survivor. Hope you felt up to watching it.
If someone tried 5 times to put an iv into my arm, I'd be bitchin!! I hate needles.
Hope you have a restful weekend, Karen -- and Charlie, too!
 
Thanks, everyone! Love you! xxx
 
LOVE YOU!!!!! SO incredibly happy you are doing so well. Tough chickadee you are =)
 
Karen,

Happy to know that everything went so well. Know you are in good caring hands - Charlie's! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take good care.
 
Happy to know that everything went so well. Sounds like you are in great hands - Charlie's. Take good care of yourself.

Love from the rest of us in California.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?