Wednesday, September 30, 2009

 

Day 1319 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Here is a cute picture (Heather, you don't have this one) of Savannah doing a 2-fisted bagel dunk.

It came out just a bit blurry, but you get the idea. A section of bagel in each hand, and the cream cheese in a handy spot.

It amazes me that she would know to dunk the bagel in the cream cheese before eating it! Very impressive.

Without too much elaboration, today is the day before I have my surgery. I won't go into details about it, but you are welcome to wish me well! I need to arrive at the hospital at 5:30am tomorrow morning.

Like any 'activity' I undertake, I have over-prepared. (Buddy Joe would simply say 'obsess') I spent a small fortune this week at the grocery store, drug store, Big Lots, and Wal-mart, stocking up on anything I 'might' need.

I have everything from latex free, powderless sanitary gloves to antibiotic ointment and ibuprophen and baby wipes and lint free cotton cloths and heaven knows what else.

I have one more load of wash to do tonight, and I already have the clothes for tomorrow laid out.

TTFN and have a nice Wednesday!

Comments:
Aww, mamma, you're so funny! You are prepared for anything that may come up. =) I'm sure all will go well and we will be thinking of you! (I'll be calling you tonight)
xoxoxo LOVE YOU!
 
Everybody and his cousin that I know are praying for you, dear Karen, praying for a successful outcome for your surgery and for healing in the future! You are our favorite patient and we love you very much! Talk to you tonight.
 
Love you, Karen. Get some good movies. I like easy New York Times crossword puzzle books, too.
 
It's always better to be prepared, and it also gives you something to do leading up to the event. Of course, I am also sending much love and good wishes your way.
 
Marcia - thanks for the book, your package arrived today.

I will have lots to read, a lady at work brought another book by for me today too.

;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?