Friday, September 04, 2009

 

Day 1293 - Friday, already?? Oh no!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday! You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

For once, I'm not necessarily delighted that it's Friday, because that means my vacation is almost over! Boo Hoo!

But I'm not going to dwell on that, because today is beach day! That's why I chose this photo of Savi at the beach.

I'm not sure which beach we'll be going to, but Heather will take us there this afternoon and I know we'll have a great time.

I had a perfect day yesterday with my son. We drove to Newport, walked around, had a Dels frozen lemonade, and shopped. Then we drove around ocean drive where the state park is, then around the mansions and down past First Beach.

Then went out for a late lunch/early dinner at Perellas restaurant in Warren. Then we stopped at Newport Creamery for 'Awful Awfuls', which are AWFUL big and AWFUL good ice cream shakes.

I had littleneck clams in garlic and oil (and I am not kidding about the garlic), and thin slices of eggplant and proscuitto rolled around ricotta stuffing and baked in the oven with marinara sauce - incredible is a good word for it. My son had various kinds of seafood (clams, shrimp, scallops)over pasta, also in white clam sauce.

Are you hungry yet?

Speaking of FOOD, tomorrow is our seafood feast at the Nordic Lodge - the last hurrah before leaving on Sunday! Somebody remind me to print my boarding pass tomorrow morning!

TTFN and have a nice weekend!

Comments:
yay!! Awesome day at the beach!! Thanks, Mamma for lunch & ice cream! We were so lucky to get such a perfect day. =) Now, ON TO THE LOBSTERRRRRRRRR!!!!!! xoxoxoxo
 
You've got that right! We had a wonderful time - see you tomorrow for another perfect day! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?