Friday, August 21, 2009

 

Day 1279 - FRIDAY!!!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday, and that means it's time to potty... I mean, party!

This could be a booster seat, or could be a potty chair. Probably a booster seat.

What a cute grin Savannah has, and check out her beach shoes! Awesome!

Well, now you know that it's Friday, and you know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Changing subjects -

Warning, Will Robinson!

There are new computer worms/viruses out there that download to your computer without detection.

I have run across these TWICE in the last month - once at work, once at home, just by clicking on a normal looking, informational internet link after I've googled something. We have never had these issues before, so I know the viruses are getting smarter and able to infiltrate your system easier.

They imitate a 'Security Alert' virus warning system. A message will tell you a virus has been detected by Windows, and ask you if you want to scan your system. Actually that message is part of the virus, and I have read that these types of viruses are called 'SmitFraud'.

If you see a message about Windows detecting spyware infection that is not from your personal anti-virus software, or misspelled, do not run the check on your computer from your browser.

Cancel anything asking you to run it, then open task manager, and cancel the process that is running it. Then use your virus checker, and spybot, adaware, whatever, to cleanup your system. It is also a good idea to save important files and pictures on CD or a backup thumb drive.

I got a 4GB portable, key chain sized Kingston Traveler thumb drive for $12 at Big Lots and it's great! (Actually I got one for me and one for Charlie)

So aside from that word of warning - have a nice Friday and a great weekend!

Comments:
What is a thumb drive? I want one! Is it like saving to a cd? I need to do that w/ my pictures so i can take them OFF my computer. There are too many and my computer is a basic cheapo model with litte memory.

I've seen those scan pop-ups before...sneaky little viruses.

So Savi had her 1st 'big girl' night back in her crib. Mike can't handle the crying, so I've been waiting for this week to do it. Savi cried terribly for about 15 minutes, then went to sleep and slept the entire night!! 8:30-6:30! she didn't wake up once...how nice =)
 
Congratulations, Heather--Savi had a good night's sleep and so did you. Karen, last night there was a different "security alert" which I didn't open because I don't know what to do with it if I did. You can look over my system when you are here. No time to blog, company coming soon. I'm waiting for someone to come and swim with me--Gil is over at the "stump dump" with a bunch of branches to dispose of. Have a fun weekend everyone!
 
Hi Heather - a thumb drive is about as long as your thumb, but thin, and plugs right into and out of any usb port. I can show you on the webcam if it still works, or take a picture of it.

On our computer, it gives us an 'F' drive, and you just copy files right to it, not converting anything, just like you do from your camera to your PC. It is SOOOOOO easy!

Want me to get one for you if Big Lots still has some? 4GB is a ton of space.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?