Friday, August 14, 2009

 

Day 1272 - Friday, Hooray!


Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

I can't believe it's Friday already - not that I'm complaining about it.

You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

I have my delicious, foame' latte' by my side that Charlie made for me this morning, the world is back to normal.

I have two deadlines today, so I'd better have my head on straight this morning.

Charlie has a doctors appointment (ah, the life of a retiree - hunting, fishing, and doctor visits) to go to, and I need to stop at the grocery store after work.

Tomorrow we are going to a fish fry/cookout with Charlie's old fishing bunch. They would rent cabins and go fishing on Kentucky Lake twice a year, spring and fall. They are older now, and stopped going a couple of years ago.

My favorite story about the fishing bunch getting older is this... Charlie said they used to get up at the crack of dawn, eat huge breakfasts at the lake, and spend all day fishing and drinking beer.

As they got older, they got up later, ate less-greasy breakfasts, and they each grabbed a roll of Rolaids at the cash register instead of beer on their way to the boat.

The proprietor asked, alarmed 'Was there anything wrong with the breakfast this morning?' They all said 'No! It's just old-fart syndrome!'

TTFN, have a nice Friday and a nice weekend!

Comments:
I love that story. I can sypathize in many ways. So many things that I see Jen doing that I KNOW I did when I was her age, but couldn't do it now if someone PAID me to! haha!

Savi is going to the beach today with Janet and the other two kids. Should be a nice day. I'll be in paperwork hell till about 2 today. Early day from so many late nights! =)
 
Welcome back, Heather!

Great story Karen!
 
Thanks Nancy!

Was I gone somewhere?
Janet took the kids to Narragansett and brought me back two lobsters from the fishing boat! I cooked them tonight and they were YUMMY!! Savi seemed to like it too...although she was already stuffed from her chicken nuggets and half a hot dog that she'd had earlier for supper.
What a nice surprise! =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?