Thursday, August 13, 2009

 

Day 1271 - Happy Birthday, Evan!


Greetings, Bloggy Birthday Well-Wishers!

Today is my son Evan's birthday - Happy Birthday, Evan!

One of my favorite 'Evan' stories is when he was little, maybe 3. He was out on the porch where we could hear his conversation with Heather.

He said 'Heather, do you think I'm handsome?'.

Heather said, matter of factly - 'Yes, you're handsome'.

He then said 'But WHERE? Where am I handsome?' (He always heard this from all the relatives, but was frustrated about what it meant!)

Heather surveyed him critically. (We held our breaths in anticipation of what she would say). Heather said simply 'You have nice hair'. And Evan relaxed and said, satisfied 'Oh! That's where I'm handsome'.

Too adorable!

My story of Evan's birth was waking Evan's father up at 5am, needing to go to the hospital. He was irritated and said 'Are you SURE?', as if my labor pains were a figment of my imagination.

Yes, I was sure, and if memory serves, Evan was born at 9:20am.

TTFN and have a nice August 13th and Birth-day!

Comments:
Happy Birthday, Evan. Mom and Martha and Mary Ann are here, and we had a good dinner last night, and they are comfortable in their room. Today my Women's Chorus has a concert at noon, and then at 4:30 we'll go for a drive, when I get done with work, and then eat at a good seafood restaurant at 6:30.
 
Wish I was there, Marcia!

Happy Birthday, Evan, and yes you are VERY HANDSOME. Funny Heather mentioned his hair since now he has little--
 
Happy Birthday Poo Bear!
HAHA!!! Yes, he has very little handsome hair now. lol! My crazy work week is finally over. Tomorrow is a 'paperwork' day, so I will be home early =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?