Tuesday, August 25, 2009

 

Day 1283 - Bye Bye Blackbird.... I mean Blackberry...

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

The Twofer of the day is for two little words... 'Bye-Bye'.

A momentous event has occurred!

I handed off my blackberry yesterday to the person who will take over monitoring jobs.

No more 'beeps' on Saturday evenings.

No more early morning work sessions.

No more middle of the night text conversations.

No more Sundays spent at the computer.

I woke up this morning, and looked at the bedside table and thought 'Where's the blackberry?'

You wouldn't believe what a habit it becomes to have it nearby at all times... Charlie calls it a 'huckleberry', and won't miss it a bit!

Not that I will MISS it except for maybe the calendar reminding me of meetings, and an alternate source of the internet when I need one!

That's my news of the day - I'm going to leave early for work so I can TRY to catch up before my vacation!

TTFN!

Comments:
awww, goodbye huck. I'm so glad you will not have that thing anymore! Your cell phone should have a calendar in it. you can use that one!
No patients today so I can catch up (try) and prepare for my next two crazy days. We are short girls, short docs (so patients are all added to the on schedule doc's) so it's time to step it up and show these girls how to REALLY do it! LOL!!! =)
 
That transition has been in the making to transfer your blackberry and the "on call" stuff that goes with it--congratulations the day has finally arrived to say "Bye Bye Blackberry"! I suppose you could buy your own if you miss it too much! You show 'em Heather how to run that office! Is Savi still sleeping through the night? How great that is!

Today Kelly is having shoulder surgery and we wish him good luck and send him our prayers, as well!
 
Sorry Karen, you'll have to see my Blacberry at the airport and FB as I'm very attached to it, AND my iphone--sick, huh? Remember how we kept in touch with Charlie on the cruise with good old BB?

Thinking of you, Kelly!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?