Sunday, July 26, 2009

 

Day 1253 - Sunday and more rain!

Greetings, Blogregation!

We had thunderstorms overnight and this morning, and a very short power failure.

Church sign of the day - 'It's not what you have done, it's what you will do.'

I can't get enough of these photos of Savannah at the beach.

I love to see her 'in motion', and gripping the sand with her little, adorable toes!

One sec - I have to go change over my wash to the dryer... Free product plug - I tried the 'Bounce Free' dryer sheets and I like them.

They are unscented, they don't irritate my skin and make me itch, and best of all - they stay intact.

My last box of (walmart brand I think) dryer sheets would shred and get stuck on little rhinestones and beads on some of my clothes. What's that? You say YOU don't wear clothes with rhinestones and beads on them? Well, I do. It's a 60's thing.

I had to throw away a pair of Ronnie Nicole beaded capri pants because the dangling beads on the bottom cuff were all wound up in the shredded dryer sheet and some had been broken off. Grrrr...

Don't worry - I have plenty more. The ones I wore yesterday have blue beads on the bottom cuff AND every other one has a rhinestone on it. My water aerobics instructor said she loves my clothes. I've only seen her in swimsuits, so I don't know what her clothes look like!

Yes, I've made coffee this morning, unloaded the dishwasher, and am halfway through a laundry cycle of sheets, towels, and 'unmentionables'.

If the thunderstorms have left the area, I will head out for a swim before Charlie gets home around lunchtime.

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
I hate crappy dryer sheets too. I bought a HUGE package of Bounce the other day. It was very exciting. haha!
I took Savi back to the YMCA Water park. Jen was with her friend Anthony and they met us there. Savi found a little girl twenty days younger than herself...she was IN LOVE with this girl! She just kept hugging her and kissing her and would scream bloody murder when the little girl would walk away. Poor thing. I had to keep prying her off the kid because I was afraid she was gonna squish her! Very cute though.
 
Hey, don't mention the unmentionables!
 
Savi looks a little more care free coming out of the surf, vs. going into it! What a little cutee is right. Today was church, then Gil worked some on the house next door, then we went to the funeral services for Rusty's younger brother, Ricky, (who was born with spina bifida but graduated from high school and lived to be 37) then over to Brenda and Rusty's where the families were gathering. I have my potato salad all made, and iced tea made up for tomorrow's gathering of a dozen church ladies. We meet at a different home each month, and this is our month. Gil will grill hamburgs and hot dogs (also chourico for something different) and the ladies bring salads and desserts. In between Gil has to finish installing the floor in the bathroom next door as we have a renter waiting to move in at the end of the month.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?