Friday, July 24, 2009

 

Day 1251 - Friday, Hooray!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

Here is a great photo of Miss Savi, strolling down the beach toward the waters edge.

The sparkling water and the waves make me miss the beach!

I can just hear the sounds and hiss of the tide, and hear the seagulls, and smell the salty, seaweedy, briny scents of the ocean.

Well, here it is, Friday already - the week has FLOWN by...

I was leaving Wal-mart yesterday, and was shocked to see one of the local news anchormen there! He had a ratty old T-shirt on and shorts, and looked like he was making a run for garden supplies or hardware or something. I made eye contact, gasped, and then walked on, not to make a big deal about it.

I told the greeter at the door that I saw him, and she boasted 'Oh- he comes in 3 or 4 times a week. He ususally uses the other door.'

I thought that was really funny - not only do they keep up with celebrity visits, but know which DOOR they use.

That reminds me though, with all the stars in Nashville, many doctor/dentist offices have 'special' doors for the celebrities to use so they aren't sitting in the waiting room with the riff-raff like me. Ha!

TTFN, have a nice Friday, and a great weekend!

Comments:
Local News Anchors are celebrities? haha! I guess they are, in a way. Just not as exciting as the REAL celebs you can see around there!

Nothing exciting this weekend. Mike is away and Jen is too until later tomorrow. Might go back to the Y water park tomorrow and/or Sunday =)
 
Another day, another fantastic photo of our little Savi! Hope she's feeling better, Heather, and you, too! Cute blog, Karen. I can't imagine news photographers spending all that time trying to catch a glimpse of a celebrity. Jeesh, get a life! So I'm about to make banana bread--that's my life! Later this afternoon Gil and I are both working on the church's baked bean supper. I am bringing "good salad", and helping cut the pies. Gil makes coffee and whatever else the men do! Now that we have a tenant for the house next door, Gil is doing some work every day to finish it. Oh, a sad event--yesterday Ricky, the younger brother of Gil's son-in-law, Rusty, passed away. Ricky was born with spinal bifada, and it is remarkable that he has lived almost 37 yrs--lived at home and cared for by his parents.
 
I have a job interview Monday afternoon! YAY! It's with another OB/GYN group. They have MANY offices, but it sounds like they are hiring for their Providence office. I'll find out more Monday...If it's a crazy floating position, I'm not taking it....
 
Go, Heather! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?