Wednesday, July 22, 2009

 

Day 1249 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Here's a cute closeup of Savannah, peeking through a porthole in her play area.

We are actually getting some gentle, morning RAIN! I can't remember when we last had rain in the morning.

It is so humid my skin is crawling, even in the house. (or maybe it's another hot flash)

I'm sure the FAM in New England can't imagine what 'no rain' is like.

Changing subjects...

Instead of my foame' latte' this morning, I am having Mocha-latte' - coffee with hot chocolate in it. I frothed it with my milk frother (thanks, Cheryl - we have used this for years!) but it doesn't really froth.

Speaking of coffee - a lot of coffee and other places are offering free stuff, I imagine their business is slipping due to the economy. Starbucks had a promotion for a free pastry, McDonalds has one every Monday (or something like that) for a free coffee drink, even Chick-fil-a had coupons out at my work for a free chicken biscuit (if you bought a drink and home fries).

No, I didn't take advantage of any of those but I wonder if a lot of people ONLY turn out for the free stuff and never go back... I would think so.

Well, I guess that ends my 'morning musing' session.

Have a nice Wednesday, everyone!

Comments:
DD's has been offering 'sample coolattas' on certain days of the month. you can get an extra small cup of any kind for free...haven't gone in to have one but those are EXPENSIVE so I'm sure lots of people go in to try them!

Savi and I are still sick, but not sick enough to cancel our beach trip. We will be heading out in about an hour =) LOTS of rain yesterday, none today, more tomorrow! grrrrrrrr
 
Well, we made it to the beach, ran into the water once, played in the sand, then an announcement that the beach would be closed to swimming until further notice. Note to self, no beach after a rainstorm! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 
All me today, huh?
I just posted pics from the beach today...
and my Skully girl is having her puppies =) Six so far. yay!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?