Tuesday, July 21, 2009

 

Day 1248 - Twofer Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

I had a nice Monday, and left at 2pm because I had worked yesterday.

Here's a cute photo of Savannah amidst the bubbles.

Although, not meaning to be indelicate - it rather looks like that big bubble came out of her nose.

That made me chuckle.

I keep forgetting to tell this story on the blog... PETA, look the other way.

Do you ever swat a fly and then it won't DIE?

My mother will swat a bug until there is nothing left, by the way... I guess that is where I learned that one swat is not enough. I prefer to vacuum bugs if I can.

I hate it when a bug gets in the house, especially a fly or a bee. Recently, I 'cornered' a fly in the room we use for the computer and files and such.

I swatted it once, but then I couldn't FIND it to pulverize it.

Later that day, I felt something crawling on my FOOT, INSIDE MY SHOE! That darn fly had revived itself and crawled into one of the holes in my shoe, which is a sketchers cali gear sandal.

I freaked out and squashed it inside my shoe, and then had to go scrub my shoe.

I just needed to tell that.

TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
I had a similar fly experience just last night! Having 3 dogs, flys are a constant battle here.

Mike has been sick with some sort of summer flu for the past few days. Savi is starting to show signs of having caught it, as am I...Savi was restless last night, crying constantly and coughing. My throat is getting sore. Gross. We are supposed to go to the beach tomorrow, but we will have to wait and see how we all feel! =(
 
Icky flies and icky being sick!!

Heather responding to yesterday's blog about working--it is wonderful you've had all of this time to be with Savi.

I returned to work after two months and a wonderful young woman from (then) Yugoslavia came to my home to take care of Eric. At around age 2 he started going to day care and then pre-school--he just loved being with other kids--I think many kids (especially only children) prefer being with other kids instead of being at home.
 
Sorry, Karen, you learned the "over-kill" technique. Eeuuu (or however one would spell it) for a fly crawling into your shoe! Savi looks great surrounded by bubbles! My cold that started a week ago is just starting to leave me, thank goodness. It's so much harder when there is a little one to catch it too, and take care of.
 
Oh, I forgot to mention the church sign I saw today "God wants you to do what's right, not what's left."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?