Sunday, July 19, 2009

 

Day 1246 - Sunday and Harry Day!

Greetings, Blogregation!

Church sign of the day 'A clean conscience is like a soft pillow'.

Ain't it the truth?

This picture of Savannah makes me chuckle out loud. She is SO expressive, and the faces she makes are so great!

Yes, Heather - you told me that you are planning to go to the beach every week. I am SOOOO jealous. You mentioned I used to go every Friday, and I did - weather permitting.

I love the breeze, and the seagulls, and the wave noises, and just walking on the beach and hanging out. And the people watching!

I like Fridays or Mondays the best, because there are less people (and traffic!) to contend with.

We can go in September when I'm there if you want to! How much does it cost nowadays (or do you just pay to park?), and can you get a resident sticker and go for free?

I loved getting a Newport beach pass each year and hitting the beach as often as possible.

Have a great Sunday! Charlie, Buddy Joe and I are going to see Harry Potter today!

Comments:
I'm not sure what passes cost, but it cost me $6.00 to park the other day...I think it was $10 if you aren't a resident. Still not bad for a great day!
Today Mike and I took Savi to the YMCA water park. They have all these cool spraying structures, all different sizes and intensities so there's fun for little ones AND bigger kids. Savi clung and cried for the first few minutes. We sat on the side wall and watched all the other kids playing. Eventually she was brave enough to walk out where the water was pooling up on the floor. She splashed there for a while, getting more and more brave as she watched the other kids. She made friends with a young boy and started following him around this low bubbler looking spray. He was sitting on top of it, running his hands over it and letting it soak his face. Savi put her fingers in it, then her hand. Then the boy splashed her and that was it. She started running all over getting completely soaked, laughing and hugging all the parents sitting nearby. It was hilarious! We were there for about an hour before she got tired. Now I'm trying to get her sleepy enough for a nap. Maybe later we will take a walk around the neighborhood. This may be a regular weekend spot...I loved it. The mist from all the sprayers kept me nice and cool...There are picnic tables and grassy areas to sit and relax..and a huge park if the water part gets too full or if its too cold out. The camp uses it until 5pm during the week...too bad! We'd be there EVERY DAY!! haha!
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Grammy, thank you so much for Mike's card. It came yesterday! I think he's a bit embarrassed by the fuss. His parents don't even give him cards! =)
 
Yesterday my computer was acting up so I couldn't comment. But now I have read back to Thurs. Hope you like the Harry Potter movie, Karen--I'm sure you did. We went to see Proposal with Sandra Bullock last week--Mary Ann, Nancy, Debi and some of Debi's friends--very good! I love all of your news Heather about the beach and the water park with little Savi. Tell Mike his birthday is a big deal, really! Gil is outside stacking wood (we had 2 cord delivered between Thurs and today), so have to go and take him some iced tea. First let me tell you one story from last summer when grandchildren, Emily, Allie, and Tim were here. We went to the beach at Reid State Park, ate our sandwiches on the beach, then left our banana bread (dessert) and chips to go walking on the beach. Well you know the rest of the story--the seagulls devoured every bit of it, even opened the brown paper bag and plastic wrappers! We all learn the hard way! We'll be going up to Aunt Mary Ann's tonight for pizza--she's doing pretty good, and trying to keep busy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?