Thursday, July 16, 2009

 

Day 1243 - Is it THURSDAY already?


Greetings, Weekend Wanna-be's!

It's Thursday already - how did that happen? I'd better catch up!

Miss Savannah is doing a little dance in the tie dye outfit given to her by Aunt Nancy. Awesome! Thanks, Aunt Nancy!

Heather says other people at the park were asking where she got that outfit.

They can go to San Francisco and get one, right?

Too cute!

Well - what's going on where YOU are? Has it stopped raining in New England yet?

We were happy to have even a little bit of rain overnight, though some areas of Tennessee got 6 inches of rain all at once in that storm.

I had three eBay purchases arrive yesterday, so it felt like Christmas. I bought an oldies CD (Jay and the Americans), a new pair of blue Skechers (they are on my feet right now), and my fourth (of the same style) new Speedo swimsuit of the season!

This swimsuit is a style and color that I love (black and purple), but it is not very chlorine or wear resistant. It will last about a month or month and a half, since I am in the pool 3-5 times a week. I have plenty of other swimsuits (aka stockpile), but that particular suit style is my current favorite.

Now the trick is to find a swimsuit I like just as much that is made of polyester 'Speedo Endurance' fabric that doesn't bleach out or wear out.

Those polyester Endurance suits are my second-favorite suits, and they LAST and LAST and LAST. I can leave them in a hot car and let them air dry and they don't disintegrate.

I've got water aerobics tonight, actually if there aren't any thunderstorms!

TTFN and have a nice Thursday!

Comments:
I got a bunch of ebay stuff yesterday too! All Wiggles dvd's for Savi. She LOVES the wiggles...they creep me out. I've been looking for any dvd's that have constant music and movement. She's bored with anything else!

Hoping to go to the beach tomorrow. Jen wants me to take her and some friends, so it could be Savi's first REAL day at the beach tomorrow! Hope so...haven't had much of a summer yet and it's already almost over!! yuck.
 
I'm Baaaaccckkkkk!!

Heather, the dress fits Savi perfectly and looks great. I got it at a street fair in SF. Who is using the bag, you, Jen or Savi? I looked at your photos for the last month last night. What great photos.
Karen, I remember the disintegrating Speedos but I love the look and feel of them, don't you?
We have our summertime weather in SF, fog.
Karen, thanks so much for your memories of Ray, they were wonderful. Not sure Mary Ann reads any blogs-maybe you could email MaryAnn with the blog url and specify dates where Ray is the subject.
I saw your blog photo of me with Ray at Cape Cod (funnee!)--there is a photo of Ray sitting in the water in a beach chair with Timmy sitting next to him that was in the slide show at the visitation and funeral. A great photo. I think your mom has the slide show CD which she should send you. I have it also.
 
Nancy, Jen is using the bag for her beach/weekend bag. She saw it with my things when I got back from Maine and claimed it before I could even TELL HER it was hers. LOL! She loves it! Thanks so much again! xoxo
 
Darling photo of Savi in her darling Aunt Nancy dress! What's happening here is we had company today and enjoyed some more lobster cooked at home and corn, with choc. chip cookies and fruit for dessert. Scott (our minister who did our wedding) and Barb were our guests and we had a wonderful day. Too short. I guess with my one bathing suit I can't add much to the bathing suit discussion! I know you need lots of suits, Karen, with all the trips to the pool!
 
Oh, I only have one bathing suit too...and so does Savi. Sorry! And actually, my suit is the FIRST one I've owned since I was about 20! No beach for me in a million years! We are going tomorrow for the first REAL beach visit and I will get to strut my Ginormous, one piece, not very flattering suit for all! LOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?