Tuesday, July 14, 2009

 

Day 1241 - Twofer Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Here is TWO-fisted, bread toting Savi, trying to feed the ducks a little too soon.

She doesn't know they can't reach up there through the gate. Great picture, Heather!

I love bread, by the way, and I hear that Savi does too. When I was a kid, we'd always have a stack of bread on the table to have with dinner. I'd trade my dessert to have more bread and butter!

We'd go out to a restaurant, and I'd fill up on the basket of bread at the table and didn't care much about my dinner.

As an adult, I am only slightly better. The first time I bought Thomas's Double Fiber Honey Wheat english muffins, I ate the whole package. I admit it. They are wonderful. Now, when I buy them I freeze them so I have to defrost one at a time...

Charlie and I went out for Greek/Mediterranean food yesterday with TY and SY. I'll bet I ate 500 calories worth of warm pita bread dunked in cucumber sauce.

I had the Mediterranean salad (like Greek salad but without the marinade - the dressing is on the side) with grilled chicken pieces on top. It had feta cheese, black olives, green pepper, onion, tomatoes, etc in it. Good stuff.

Hey - I'd better hit the road - TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
That salad sounds wonderful! I could take or leave the bread, but I'd trade nearly anything for a salad!!!

Savi and I are meeting my friend Tania and her two kids for a picnic in Riverside...new carousel for Savi =)
 
Yes, Karen, we used to say that as a kid you loved bread and hot dogs, period! We can tell by your blog, you have added many more ingredients to your diet! Love that photo of Savi! I'm sure she will enjoy the Crescent Park carousel today--sounds like a fun day with Tania and her children. I woke up with a scratchy throat today and have been resting. We've all been extra tired from the sadness and shock of losing Ray. Aunt Mary Ann is doing OK.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?