Thursday, July 09, 2009

 

Day 1236 - Friday eve already?


Greetings, Bloggy Waiting for the Week to End-ers!

Here is a photo of Savannah looking skeptical of her ride on a carousel horse. Heather says she usually loves the carousel, so she must have been thinking about something else!

I've probably mentioned this before, but very old carousels had a brass ring 'tube' that stuck out toward the riders.

You had to lean way over and try to grab the brass ring when you went by (without falling off). If you were lucky enough to get one, you got a free ride.

I think a ride used to be 10 cents at the Crescent Park carousel.

It must be a New England thing, because people I've spoken to here have never seen one of those before.

Well - gotta go! Have a nice Thursday!

Comments:
I bet the merry-go-round at Roger Williams Park still has a ring grabber.
 
I didn't see a ring grabber? I will look next time we are there, though!
Savi was grumpyish because it was SO hot and sticky that day. And we had already spent an hour chasing the geese around, so she was ready for a nap.
 
I remember the carousel at Crescent Park, and the gold ring. I think all of you got the gold ring at one time or another. We're leaving now to pick up Aunt Peg and Uncle Joe to attend Debi's dance performance. Bye!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?