Friday, July 03, 2009

 

Day 1230 - ET Can't Phone Home

Greetings, Bloggy Readers!

I heard yesterday that Uncle Ray's funeral was very well attended, overflowing the church.

It was rainy, and I imagined that was the angels weeping on behalf of the family.

We lost Ray a week ago today.

Today's photo is of Miss Savannah, relaxing, but with a firm grip on a puppy.

Her head is resting on the Fisher Price farm that I sent her for her birthday (or was it Christmas?) Too cute!

Well - we are having a phone outage here, so anyone trying to reach me will need to use my cell number.

It took us about half an hour of googling to find the residential service number for the phone company, they don't include it on the bill anymore!

When I called service, an automated message told me that a main phone line was down in our area, and that they expect it to be repaired by JULY SEVENTH. Hopefully sooner!

Charlie and I are headed to Cracker Barrel for a holiday breakfast.

Have a nice day today and a Happy 4th weekend!

Comments:
What - no comments? Where is everyone? The Twilight Zone?
 
Preparing for the 4th, I guess! So nice to see a picture of Savi, again. Does that mean we can stop mourning Ray. I wish, but I know this sadness will last a life time. So wonderful having Heather, Evan, and Savi, Lyn, Steve, and Christopher here; and David is staying until Sunday, Yay! There being here helps heal the heart. Gil and I take Martha Rivas to the plane in Portland tomorrow. It leaves at 11am. Then in the afternoon it's our lobster pig-out, with Uncle Doug heating water over the outdoor fireplace in which to cook the lobsters. 36 lobsters for 21 people have been ordered!
 
Should I have said they're being here, or their being here?
 
I think it would be "Their", Mom, but that's a weird one, hard to figure that one out. Say hi to everyone for me, hope you have a fun day today. I'm playing organ for a July 4th reading of the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights at the church, and playing guitar for "This Land Is Your Land". Wish I were there eating lobsters!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?