Tuesday, June 30, 2009

 

Day 1227 - Twofer Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Here is a 'Twofer' photo - Uncle Ray and my nephew, Timmy.

Kids loved Uncle Ray, and he always spoke kindly to them and never lost his temper other than to banish them to the basement or outdoors.

He'd let some of the many cousins or grandchildren (who were always around in the summer or fall) ride in his pickup truck to the store or the landfill (to 'help'), making them feel special and important. He'd put them to work (some enjoyed this, some not!) on the woodpile or various chores.

Especially at the holidays (but pretty much anytime), Ray and Mary Ann would have guests. No one could have more generous hearts! Ray and Mary Ann embraced and encouraged a continuous stream of visitors, meals in and out, coffee brewing, bathroom occupants, luggage, and trips to the airport.

The various cousins, nieces, nephews, friends, children and grandchildren would slumber in sleeping bags on the floor, on sofas, and pretty much anywhere they could 'alight'. Aunt Nancy loved to be in this group because they'd stay up half the night talking and laughing.

Pretty nice people, wouldn't you say? I'd say - the BEST!

Comments:
He was always wonderful to everyone..no exceptions. I always felt like I was walking into a big hug everytime I'd enter their home. Something so warm and comforting about that house. So full of love! And I know, everytime I walk into that house NOW, he will still be there, in some way, offering that big hug.
 
Heather, what a comforting thought. When I get there tomorrow I will try to think about the hug and not the emptiness.

Karen, you have been giving a wonderful tribute to Ray on the blog, thanks so much. Timmy is so cute too!
 
Busy day so it's now 11pm, but I wanted to thank you also, Karen, for these wonderful tributes to Ray! I hope Aunt Mary Ann will get a chance to read them soon. You know who reads the blog--Darlene, and thinks Savi is the cutest! Yes, I love today's picture of Ray with Timmy! Tomorrow we'll pick up Nancy and David at noon, ane when we get home Heather and Evan and Savi will be there, then later in the eve. Lyn, Steve, and Chris will arrive!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?