Sunday, June 28, 2009

 

Day 1225 - Missing you, Ray!

Greetings, Blogregation!

I found this wonderful photo of Uncle Ray and Heather for today's blog.

Heather has a story about Uncle Ray taking her to the neighbors farm to see a new litter of kittens. Heather was very young at the time.

They decided on one to keep, and he let Heather name it. (This was such a kind and special thing to do, and we've never forgotten it.) Heather chose the name 'Sunshine', which was just a perfect name for an orange tabby.

Speaking of stories, here is the news story in the Lewiston Sun journal yesterday. It is a very good article.

http://www.sunjournal.com/node/23345/

Charlie and I are leaving soon for the health club, then a visit to Cajun Steamer with Buddy Joe.

Have a nice Sunday, everyone, and remember that it is fond memories that keep our loved ones alive in our minds and hearts.

Comments:
Karen, thanks for your wonderful comments about Ray. And thanks
for posting the link, because I couldn't find it. I had forgotten that Heather named Sunshine. I'm sure you know Sunshine was a favored cat and Ray put up a monument to Sunshine on the lawn.

My feelings are beyond devastation. Ray was like a brother to me, not just a brother in law. I talked with Ray for over an hour on Sunday night--a typical Ray conversation, about the horse he was training, trips he and Mary Ann were planning-a week at Papoose pond, a week at the Fryeburg Fair and next year's trip to Nashville where Ray had always wanted to go; Debi's dance show, his grandkids, the upcoming Kiwanis auction; whether Eric was coming for Thanksgiving and to remind Eric about bringing in the wood (as if he'd forget); how the Red Sox were doing; and we agreed that he lives on one of the most beautiful places on earth, on "Top of the Mountain."
 
Thank you Nancy - we are feeling the same way. EVERYONE loved Ray, and we will miss him dearly. xxx
 
I'm glad for the link too, and to have that wonderful picture up! I am going to miss Uncle Ray so so much. He was the kindest, most generous and loving man I've ever known and I am so sad my daughter will not have the chance to know him...although she will hear wonderful stories from all of us forever!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?