Tuesday, June 23, 2009

 

Day 1220 - Twofer Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Here's a sweet picture of Miss Savannah on a swing. Isn't that a great expression? What a sweet smile!

I don't know why it's so fun to swing, but it is! Kind of an enhanced rocking chair.

They have to build swingsets strong, because kids stand on the swings, sit on the swings, lay down over the swings, and ride sidesaddle on swings. As well as doubling up on the swings. At least, I did!

My sister and I would face each other, riding sidesaddle on two swings. We'd get going sideways, and crash into each other like battering rams over and over, just for 'fun'. Was that fun? I guess!

Hey - lets not forget 'launch pad swinging', where you get going up high then leap out of your seat, hopefully landing uninjured on the ground. You'll be sorry if you don't remember to let go of the chains quick enough and wrench your arm in the process...

Eeek! It's 6:10 - I'm running a little late this morning.

Have a nice Tuesday! TTFN!

Comments:
Savi was sitting on my lap (facing me) for this shot. Hard to take pictures AND swing! lol!
We have another miserable, rainy day. Big surprise. Getting a little stir crazy now!!
 
I missed commenting on yesterday's blog. That was one of my favorite photos of my darling daughters and their Dad. Actually a good picture of him too! My answer to your query about the plastic on the lampshade was already answered by Aunt Nancy--to keep the shade clean. Guess that went out of style many years ago, thank goodness! To answer Nancy, I think perhaps Grammie and Grampa Hempel were visiting and taking a picture at the same time. Nice picture of Savi on the swing--quite a trapeze act, Heather, getting that shot!
 
Well darn, Heather! I thought our amazing girl was swinging by herself.

It had better stop raining by July 3rd when I arrive in Falmouth. Sunny and 73 here today.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?