Wednesday, June 17, 2009

 

Day 1214 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Look - Savi has a new tub toy! That picture is priceless. I like the duck mat too.

So.... Whassup?

I went to the car dealership after work yesterday for my 35,000 mile service, which is just an oil change.

They told me I'll need new tires in the next 5K miles or so. Can you believe that? The car just turned two years old, and I'll be needing to buy tires.

Anyway - I guess that means the tire life of those tires is around 40K miles.

The service guy then told me my brakes were good. He asked me if I'd already had them replaced! I said no, and he said 'well you must not use them very often!' Ha ha!

Actually, that means I don't TAILGATE and slam on my brakes all the time...

So - now I have something to think about - what tires to get. I know I'll get top of the line Michelins, but WHERE to get them? Sams Club? Costco? Tire dealer?

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

Suggestions, anyone? TTFN!

Comments:
I think Sams club has the best tire prices, although, if you go to a tire 'place' they guarantee them and will replace them free if anything happens.

Today I had an appt. scheduled for Dad. Evan offered to come with us, so me and Savi met him at Dad's house. I rented a small transport wheelchair to take him, so that was packed in the back seat of the truck. When I opened the door to take it out, a giant lizard head popped out too and snapped at me!!! I yelled and shut the door fast...then called Mike. Apparently they were missing a large (but very friendly) monitor lizard, but thought it had escaped in the STORE, not in the truck on the way home from the show, Sunday. He's been hiding in the back since then, and decided to jump out and scare me to death! Evan ended up taking Dad to the appointment while I waited for Mike to get the lizard out. What excitement! LOL!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?