Friday, June 12, 2009

 

Day 1209 - Friday - Friday - Friday!


Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

Here's a cute picture of Savannah playing in a bowl of water.

It is so fun to play in and around water, I still do it!

When I was a bored youngster, I used to fill the bathroom sink with water and dunk my head in, to practice holding my breath.

So... It's FRIDAY! You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Charlie and I went back last night to the same Applebees we went to a week ago - the one that had very few customers. Again - we got right in.

For a while we were the only customers with a table on that side of the restaurant, though I think there were a few customers at the bar.

The manager came over to be sure we were happy, and we told him we had been there twice in a week and were keeping the economy afloat. He suggested several more visits. Good man.

I heard on the news this morning that the big concerts at the stadium for the CMA Music Festival were delayed 2 hours last night due to thunderstorms, but then continued on.

Knowing how that feels - I hope everyone had a good time!

TTFN, have a nice Friday and a great Weekend!

Comments:
TWO HOURS, ugh! Not fun waiting...
Keeping the economy afloat single handedly! GO MAMMA!! =)

Tonight is graduation at school one, which is actually being HELD at RIC. The S.O building doesn't have the stage and auditorium like the old building did. It's raining and yucky out. It's BEEN raining for a week now, with some short breaks...my lawn will be as tall as ME by the time I get to cut it!!
 
Rain rain go away...we were looking forward to a nice sunny dry weekend for riding, now the forcast is challenging our plans.

This weekend is the Feast of St. Anthony (in certain areas that is) - we like to show up, and see some of Steve's grade school buddies. Unfortunately there is NOTHING for a vegetarian to eat. Everything is cacoila (pronounced ka-SER-la, stringy pork sandwhiches that are spicy), or chorico, etc. I think I had a soda last year. Maybe I'll branch out and have a roll. You know, a sandwhich, hold everything but the bread.
 
Gil's granddaughter, Sunny, just started work in the Westbrook Appleby's (Westbrook is a suburb of Portland, basically), and Nina may also apply. They have a good amount of business, considering all the manufacturing layoffs or closings here in Maine. Heather have a good graduation tonight, you and Mike and Jen. Next year it's Jen's turn! Have a great weekend everyone, rain or shine! Lyn, hope you can get to the St. Anthony's feast in between the rain drops! Never knew how to spell pulled pork--cacoita--in Portuguese. I love all that food as long as it's not tooooo spicey!
 
I forgot to say what a great picture of Savi playing in the water. Very creative playtime, Heather!
 
We are having our summer in SF--fog. No rain though, that's just in winter/spring.

Heather, just don't tell Savi to stick her head in the water like her grandmother used to do.

Karen, on lake outings, I would spend hours trying to see how long and far I could swim underwater. Sometimes I would crawl along the bottom to explore the mud etc. One can only do so much swimming! Yes, things got very boring in Maine.
 
I'm glad you think the playtime is 'creative'...makes me look much more interesting and innovative than a mom who just let her kid splash in the dog's water bowl...LOL!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?