Sunday, June 07, 2009

 

Day 1204 - Sunday (or Monday eve)


Greetings, Blogregation -

Instead of a funny church sign - Charlie saw this on an email this week: 'If God is your co-pilot, you'd better swap seats'.

This photo shows Savannah and Chaka, both very interested in the little plastic monkey I brought Savannah Memorial Weekend. The monkey plays 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' when you press it's nose.

I think it's great that TWO members of the household love the toy, and they both seem equally intent!

Charlie had fresh blueberries in his morning oatmeal, and I ate a few just walking by them. They are in the fridge now, waiting to be added to oatmeal, blueberry pancakes and fruit salad.

I haven't told this story yet...

Charlie and I had dinner at Applebees the day before yesterday (that would be Friday night). The one we went to is near the GM Saturn plant. On a Friday night, it would usually be busy, if not crowded.

There were hardly ANY customers in the place. Nobody waiting. They sat us (party of TWO) at a big booth set for 6. There were other couples and small groups seated at some other large tables. The bar section was empty.

We said to our waitress 'Where IS everybody?' She said that on Monday of this week, business just dried up. That is the very date the annoucement came out that the Spring Hill plant would go on 'idle' status.

I felt sorry for them! I wonder if the other local restaurants near the plant are also losing business. Maybe Charlie and I will HAVE to go out to eat more - to check the pulse of the economy...

Gotta go! Have a nice Sunday and TTFN!

Comments:
I have discovered (literally just this second) that I can get miss 'food protesting' Savi to eat an entire egg if I cook it over medium. She likes it if it's all soggy! She's covered in sticky egg mess, but she is EATING! She goes on the worst food strikes. Thank goodness she is still nursing so i really don't have to worry about it..but it still gets a bit stressful when she's gone an entire day eating nothing but a couple cheerios or something.

that's awful about those restaurants! Amazing how quickly things can be affected. scary!
 
Karen, it is so good of you and Charlie to sacrifice by eating out instead of cooking--

Heather, not surprised about Savi--the messier the better for babies! From what you said on a previous blog I'm surprised Chaka lets Savi have the toy!

And congrats to the old ladies on their 50th & 55th high school reunions Saturday, from their "I'll always be younger" sister.
 
Karen, Yes, you and Charlie will have to eat out more for the sake of the struggling economy! Amazing picture of Savi, Chaka and the toy! I remember I would let Marcia eat bits of cheese and salami, which horrified her grandparents (King's folks)!Marcia was younger, about a year old. Nancy, thanks but no thanks for your congratulations! We did miss you at the Alumni Banquet--7 Perhams and spouses.
 
If Savi is like me, she would like oatmeal and rice milk, rye crackers or bread (instead of wheat), lots of eggs, turkey, white rice, maybe a tiny bit of broccoli or spinach (well, maybe not, that might be an acquired taste). Fish, perhaps? (Children in other cultures eat it...) Not fruit juice, not tomato, not many vegetables at one time. She might be like me. And maybe not!
 
hmm, okay. Savi LOVES fish (tuna or some sort of white fish), she LOVES spinach in something like a spinach pie, eggs, never tried rice, never tried rye bread either but I'll have to get her some cuz I LOVE IT. She usually likes plain rice cereal (the baby rice cereal) but she won't even eat that lately. She did well today though. Eggs this morning, a junky chicken fry and some ice cream around lunchtime, pizza for supper. Yum! Oh, and she's gotten to like V-8 juice. I don't give her much juice, mostly water, but I Love V-8 and have shared mine several times. She HATED it the 1st time and now can drink a 1/2 cup on her own. Yay V-8! She was always a bigger veggie eater than a fruit eater anyway....like me!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?