Thursday, May 28, 2009

 

Day 1194 - Happy Birthday to Peggy! (alias Mom, Grammy)

Greetings, Bloggy Birthday Celebrants!

It's my mother's birthday today!

Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday, dear Peggy - Mama - Grammy...
Happy Birthday to you...

Do I have to pay royalties if I write the lyrics and don't sing it out loud?

Hope not...

Here's a funny story (on me) that should bring a smile- or grimace - to your faces.

Yesterday, Charlie and I went out for dinner at Chilis.

We sat in the bar section, where the music was a little loud, but not TOO obnoxious. Charlie was telling me about one of his fellow beekeepers.

Charlie said 'He has a home remodeling business. Most of his work is in Brentwood'.
I heard 'He has a home embalming business. Most of his work is in Brentwood'.

I gave Charlie the strangest look! Then I said 'What did you just say?'

When I told Charlie what I THOUGHT he had said, he laughed for five minutes straight, told the waiter on me, then had to go use the restroom to recover...

We'll laugh about that for a LONG time to come.

Happy Birthday, Mom! Hope you opened your birthday cards!

xxxx-oooo

Comments:
Happy Birthday Grammy!!! I had a dream last night that you were a reporter for the NEWS! I found out because I happened to be playing with Savi at a park near school one...and you were doing a report right there! Evan was there watching. I was angry that no one told me...LOL. Guess I was thinking about the birthday girl even in my sleep!!

Funny story, Mamma! =)
 
Yes, it's a Happy Birthday! First your phone call, Karen, and 2 great cards with some green stuff, thank you, thank you! Then, Gil cooked breakfast for me, and I opened his card (very sweet-more green stuff!), then a nice/loving card from David and family. Lyn has a card in the mail, and I wore part of hers and Steve's gift of a lovely capri pants/blouse/jacket over the weekend--thank you, thank you! Marcia has 2 packages in the mail--thank you, thank you! My sisters, Mary Ann and Martha are taking me out for lunch to Maurice's, and Gil and I are eating out tonight at the Ocean Pearl and to the movies--my choice to see "Angels and Demons". Funny dream, Heather, and cute pictures of Savi and her great-grandmother! Pictures are always my favorite present, thanks, Heather!
 
Sisters Peggy, Mary Ann and Martha are having lunch today and the BAD sister totally forgot the day until opening the blog. Of course, I just called Peggy, sang Happy Birthday off key and threw myself at her mercy. In my defense, I did buy a card last week, and the convenient but true excuse, senior moment.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?