Friday, May 22, 2009

 

Day 1188 - I'm here!!

Greetings, Bloggy Memorial Weekenders!

I'm here, safe and sound, after a few (or more) hiccups along the way...

Yesterday, the moon was NOT in alignment for me!

I put my watch on, so I could use it while my phone was turned off in-flight. I rarely wear my watch anymore because I use my cell phone as my clock. Then I noticed the battery had worn out, and the watch was useless. I dropped it in my purse.

I left work, headed for the airport and drove a number of miles before I realized MY CELL PHONE WAS MISSING! I pulled over on the highway, took out my blackberry, and emailed my team at work. They found my cell phone, and I drove to the next exit, turned around, drove BACK to work, got my phone, and started AGAIN to the airport.

I made it to the Park n Fly place and made it to the airport with time to spare. My flight was delayed...

I was hungry, and ordered a mango smoothie at an airport food place. The attendant rang up my order wrong the first time (I had ordered a protein add-in and he didn't ring that up). Once we resolved the order, he put mango juice and half a banana in the blender carafe, then turned to fill a cup with frozen 'smoothie stuff'. Nothing came out. I waited. He went in the back and returned with another employee. Nothing. I settled for a roast beef sandwich, WAY different from a mango-smoothie-with-protein-shot.

My flight ended up being 45 minutes late. The airline people never made an annoucement after delaying the flight 15 minutes, then 20 minutes. WHAT-EVER.

My son was waiting for me at the airport. My bag came out promptly.

I also received an extra surprise for my trouble - my nose started running like a faucet this morning...

My point is - I am HERE, safe and sound, eating bagels, and looking forward to spending the weekend with the FAM!

TTFN!

Comments:
yay! awesome 1st day=)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?