Monday, May 18, 2009

 

Day 1184 - Monday, but NEXT Monday is a Holiday!

Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!


(blogger.com is wreaking havoc with my word spacing this morning, I have fixed it three times already and had it put extra spacing back in... sheesh)

You are looking at my 'Boudin Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms' before I put them in the oven last night.

Rachael Ray - eat your heart out...

Do you know what Boudin is? It is a spicy pork and rice cajun sausage. (Taking the Boudin OUT of the casing was the hardest part of the preparation).

I read a recipe once that talked about stuffing green peppers with a Boudin based stuffing, so I applied that concept to my mushrooms.

There is so much to talk about and so little time...

Charlie and I went to see Star Trek in the IMAX theatre at Opry Mills. Bottom line - awesome.

Well worth the extra moola to see it at the IMAX. The movie was EXCELLENT, one of the best ones I've seen in a while. Yes, even better than watching Hugh Jackman, believe it or not...

Survivor Finale? Maybe I shouldn't spoil the news until Nancy has seen it. Nancy - did you watch it yet? Anyway - for once, my favorite person WON! Yahoo!

Gotta go to work, but have a great Monday and I'll be in New England very soon!

Comments:
eww, Monday again. It's going to rain and be cold today.
Your mushrooms look awesome! Sounds super yummy. No stories from the weekend. Mike was away, Jen was away so Savi and I just hung out. Saving our energy for THIS weekend!! =)
 
Karen, thanks for not telling about Survivor--I taped it so will watch tonight. I watched Desperate Housewives finale last night which was riveting (I did doze off now and then--which is why taping is better!)
I will see Star Trek now that my memory of it has been impugned by you know who. Plus anything is super on IMAX.

Back when I cooked, stuffed mushrooms was one of my favorite dishes. Looks yummy.
 
It's late so I'll just say that you can cook those mushrooms for me anytime. Yummm and double yumm! Can't wait to see you Thurs night and Heather and Savi on Fri (and Lyn and Steve and Marcia!)
 
Marcia is coming here too?????? Really? Yay! Savi is going to meet everyone this year! =) Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?