Saturday, May 16, 2009

 

Day 1182 - Ahhhh, the weekend is here!


Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

We are about to get thunderstorms here, so I'd better 'type and go' and shut down the computer.

Miss Savannah is getting some attitude in these pictures, isn't she?

This is what Heather calls her 'monkey face'. Too cute!

If it is storming, I can't go to water aerobics because every time there is lightning we have to get out of the pool for half an hour.

(of course, last year they didn't have that policy and I remember plenty of times when I was in the pool during lightning - I guess I'd rather not take the chance).

I'm already packing for my Memorial Weekend trip to New England, and the weekend after that is when Cheryl is coming to visit.

TTFN and have a nice Saturday!

Comments:
That's my monkey girl! She sang the first recognizable song today. Twinkle twinkle! I was making my coffee and she was in her highchair and started singing (no words, just da da da's) but it was twinkle twinkle to the T! I started singing too and she was excited to see that I knew what she was singing. She also knows most of the hand movements to patty cake....My big girl!!!
 
I didn't get to the blog yesterday, so now I am enjoying 2 pictures of Savi and looking forward to seeing her in person this Fri.! Actually only Gil had the new grilled chicken at KFC, but I did have a taste and it was very tender. He thought it was still greasy! You could try it without a coupon Miss "Save Every Chance You Get"! We're going to Lowe's in Auburn to get flooring (oak laminate) for two bedrooms and the hallway up at "the other house"--the new name for Gil's father's house. When Gil took up the carpet in the living room he found a birch floor like ours--pretty nice, huh? See you soon, Karen! Have a great weekend everyone!
 
Heather's comments came through while I was typing mine. How exciting Heather that Savi is learning songs! I like telling my friends about her washing her face and combing her hair!
 
Adorable, and not surprising that Savi can hold a tune, considering the family's vast musical prowess.

And so Nancy calls me Miss 'Smarty Pants' and you call me Miss 'Save every chance you get' the same week! I just love all the attention.

xxx-ooo
 
Yay, Savi. Now that she knows Twinkle, she can also sing Baa, Baa, Black Sheep, and ABCDEFG, as a little medley of three songs. You'll have to do "Wheels on the Bus" with her.
 
I spent most of today doing songs with hand motions. She does patty cake really well, she's trying to do itsy bitsy spider. I've also really started being consistent with using sign language while I talk to her. Hopefully she'll start picking that up too!!
 
Heather, that's interessting about the sign language--is there a reason or just to broaden her skills?

Savi definitely has the music and dancing thing going on. Soon she'll be ready for Marcia training!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?