Monday, May 11, 2009

 

Day 1177 - Mid May Monday


Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

Yes, it's true. It's Monday already.

Yes, it's true. May is running away from us already.

Here's a picture that I named 'Savi Ninja' - she looks like she's either a little ninja turtle, or waving into the camera.

Did you have a nice weekend?

Charlie and I went to see 'Wolverine' (the latest X-men movie) yesterday.

For a mother's day treat, we had a bucket (not a bag) of popcorn, WITH some butter on it. We enjoyed the movie AND the popcorn. Hey - all Hugh Jackman, all the time can't be bad...

The critics haven't been too receptive of the movie - but I liked it as well as any of them, probably more than the last one. We want to see the new 'Star Trek' as well.

If you missed my mentioning it - we also hit the 'Cajun Steamer' for lunch out on Saturday.

Gotta go to WORK - it's MONDAY! TTFN!

Comments:
Cute photo. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
 
I had a nice, long cuddle nap with Savi for my Mother's Day treat. I spent the rest of the day cleaning the school w/ Mike because he didnt get in until 2am from this weekend's Virginia show. Poor thing! Jen got dropped off there after visiting w/ her Mom and we all went to get KFC...YUMMY JUNKFOOD! Now, today, I can enjoy working my but off at the gym to make up for the junk =)
 
Karen, I know the Cajun steamer is your home away from home. I want to go when we come to Nashville.
I had a great birthday day at home just doing stuff in my new apartment. In the late afternoon, I enjoyed a glass of Pinot Grigio while sitting in the sunlight coming into my windows and looking at the Golden Gate Bridge.
In the evening I went to dinner with my four closest friends at a restaurant along the Embarcadero (which runs along the San Francisco Bay) -- had goat cheese salad, risotto, wonderful bread with olive oil/balsamic vinegar, and strawberry/rhubarb pie. After sundown I was treated to a fireworks display just for my birthday (yeah right--it's an annual concert & fireworks on the Bay)
Yesterday, I worked. Yuk.
 
I'll be there to see cute little Savi on Fri the 22nd--another family day, thanks to Heather, Lyn and Steve! Can't wait! And to top it off Karen will be there too! Gil and I had a nice trip to the "Height of the Land" in the Rangeley area after starting the day with a big breakfast at a local spot in N. Waterford, joined by Brenda, Rusty, Nina and her friend, Brent. Brenda gave me a couple of plants from her garden, a bleeding heart ( left mine in MA when I moved to Maine), and little plants called hens and chickens that look a little like artichokes. I missed all of my darling children but enjoyed their phone calls, cards, and love! A highlight of our trip was stopping at Giffords Ice Cream Shop for a chocolate ice cream soda for me and a double scoop cone for Gil, and popcorn for supper. Just right! Nancy your birthday sounded just right, too!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?