Sunday, May 10, 2009

 

Day 1176 - Happy Mothers Day!

Greetings, Bloggy Mothers Day Celebrants!

Happy Mothers Day to all the 'Moms', 'Mammas', 'Mothers', as well as the stepmothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers too!

Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day and do something special for YOU today!

Mom - I hope my card (which had a single rose surrounded by SNOW on it) arrived!

Here are flowers for everyone. This arrangement has a very earthy feel to it with the greenery, apples, and some 'olive-looking' things that I don't really recognize...

If you didn't read the blog comments yesterday - Happy Belated Birthday yesterday to TWO of my aunts (sisters but not twins) - our own famous Aunt Nancy, and Aunt Mary Ann!

Happy Birthday, Aunties!

How unusual to have two children several years apart but born on the same day! We are planning to celebrate their birthdays in Nashville next year on Mothers Day weekend. What fun!

Charlie and I had Mothers Day lunch yesterday (with Buddy Joe) at Cajun Steamer - and had our usual delicious feast.

One note - they set up tables for a party of THIRTY people while we were there. Cajun Steamer is a small place, with limited seating. We had our lunch, other customers were waiting for tables, and only about half of the thirty people had arrived.

My suggestion - tell any private parties that unless they arrive within a half hour window, they will give away the tables...

TTFN and Happy Mothers Day!


Comments:
Yes, Karen, your card and gift arrived, thank you very much! I didn't open your card until this morning. And Marcia's card had a lovely note also. I'll be talking to all of my darlings today, and right now we're off for breakfast with Gil's daughter, Brenda, and family. Have a wonderful Mother's Day everyone, including Savi's darling mother!
 
Happy Mothers day!!!!!! I thought this was cute:

Moms:

Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
they don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
the vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'and get their answer when a little voice says,
'Because I love you best.

Real Mothers know that a child's growth
is not measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...

Love you!
 
Very nice poem, Heather.
My own darling called me on my birthday yesterday and will be calling me today--he already announced his card and gift will be late--but for me, just hearing his voice is a gift. All of you moms know that feeling.
Karen, an oddity about Mary Ann and I other than our shared birthday is that our looks and personalities are so similar. When we were younger we looked very much alike. I learned all of my bad jokes from Mary Ann, and love to talk and joke with people just like she does. She doesn't talk as much as I do (who does?) and is more private. After my mother died just before my 20th birthday (which fell on Mother's Day that year!!) Mary Ann was like a second mother to me, and both she and Peggy have taken on that role over the years. I feel very blessed.
 
Very sweet notes, everyone! Love you! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?