Monday, May 04, 2009

 

Day 1170 - Monday Monday...


Greetings, Bloggy Sleepyheads -

It's Monday already - time to get up and go to work!

Savannah's got the right idea - sprawled out and sleeping away.

Charlie and I are groggy this morning - I told him we have post-traumatic donkey disorder...

I'll find out today how he's doing.

Yesterday, Charlie and I took a long drive to go survey some of the local rivers that are flooding - some of them way over their banks and into nearby fields. Lo and behold, we ended up at Papa Boudreauxs for gumbo after that!

We saw two closed bridges, and a LOT of muddy, chocolate brown, fast flowing water.

Did I bring the camera for the blog? No. Drat! I tried to find a photo just now but was unsuccessful... I did see one on the weather channel yesterday morning from Columbia.

Gotta go to work! TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
What a coincidence, winding up at your favorite restaurant. I just watched a video about Katrina, hope the flooding goes down. Water, water, everywhere, and not a drop to drink!
 
I so wish I was passed out like Savi was in that pic. I am so tired! She's been having crummy nights again. I've been on antibiotics so I think she may be feeling kind of crummy from that...I know I do!

Jen stayed home sick from school, so we are all having a lazy day. =)
 
I love all of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner including Marcia's reference:

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink ;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

(Ain't the Internet great?)
 
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner--what a literary family this is! And our Sleeping Beauty looks so big! Sorry Heather you, baby, and Jen are not feeling well! I haven't viewed the prom pictures yet, but hope Jen had a good time. (That seems so long ago!) And Karen, hope you had some good donkey news! We've been busy all day, but the only aggravation was going to the Motor Vehicles office in Lewiston to renew my driver's license and not realizing I needed proof of citizenship such as birth certificate or passbook. It did say that on the renewal info but I passed over that that as something for non-citizens to prove! What's the world coming to!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?