Monday, April 27, 2009

 

Day 1163 - Donkey Hotay learns to sing...


Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

Here's another adorable photo of Miss Savannah, enjoying the warm days they had in New England this weekend.

Yes, it's Monday. Back to work. Joy of Joys.

We are bleary-eyed this morning. At exactly 1:38 am, Old Don Q got his voice back and started calling over to the donkeys next door.

I actually thought there was something WRONG (dumb me), and Charlie got up and went out on the deck to shine a flashlight on him. We discovered he was SINGING.

He kept up that racket off and on during the night, sounding like a wailing flock of canada geese. It is 6:02 am, and he is out there 'singing' again. If this is his idea of a serenade, it is a 'siren-ade'.

I think it was the corn that did it. Old Don Q made a marked improvement yesterday in 'vim and vigor'. He stopped acting like a slug and started acting like the male donkey he is... (no further comment).

(I don't know if they have answered or not, I'd need to be outdoors to hear them).

TTFN - hope I don't fall asleep at my desk this morning...

Comments:
Who needs a rooster when you have a singing donkey?? How nice..haha! Well, I'm glad for Don Q that he's feeling better, but feel bad for you all that he's waking you up!

Yesterday was nice but a bit TOO hot. Today will be perfect...75 =)
 
Now have Charlie calling turkeys and the Don Q calling other donkeys. Lot of entertainment at your house, Karen! And thanks for sending the Johnny link with the longer article--I hadn't seen that one.

Savi is getting even cuter, if possible. What is she examining in the photo?
 
Too quick on the mouse this morning--Anonymous is me
 
she is examining the dandilions in the yard. keeps eating them! YUCK!
 
Welcome Home, Mom & Gil! We went out to dinner like we usually do on Monday nights, so I missed your call. Glad you made it back to Maine and lobster stew! xxx
 
Very cute picture of Savannah. Good concentration on the dandelion.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?