Monday, April 13, 2009

 

Day 1149 - Easter plus one

Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

Here's a cute photo of Savannah, digging for treasure!

Is Savi looking for toys, or books, or ??

Well - how was your Easter? Ours was great!

Charlie and I went swimming at the health club. We had the pool to ourselves - well, not counting the lifeguard for most of the time.

Then we came home and watched 'Ben-Hur' off and on until it was time for Easter dinner.

We had blackened prime rib for our entree...

I bought a fully cooked, heat-and-eat prime rib, cut slices of it, seasoned them, then we seared them on a 500 degree grill outside for a minute or less per side. The prime rib was OUTRAGEOUSLY good.

I also made garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with mushrooms, and corn.

My Easter candy was Starbucks dark chocolate expresso truffles... OMIGOSH...

Just a few days till Mom & Gil arrive, yesterday I washed the guest room bedding and got the towels out.

Have a great Monday! TTFN!

Comments:
She's digging for JUNK! She carries around extra usb cables, little tea lights, phone chargers...whatever she finds in the junk drawer. =) Exciting treasures for HER!

We have another Easter dinner tonight at Michelle's. I'm taking Savi to see my friend Tania's newborn first...should be interesting!!
 
I just saw the Savi easter egg tree photos. Beyond cute.

I have missed the past few days-working, finding a new apartment!! (details by email), and a beautiful Easter day, in the high 60's, hiking on Mt. Tamalpais outside of SF and taking breaks to eat chocolate goodies. My friends Linda and Randall and I have been doing Easter brunch and hikes for over 25 years.

Savi would have a field day going through all my junk! Karen you should be here to help me with my garage sale on Sat--after 29 plus years in one place I have way too much STUFF.
 
Hello and Happy Easter (plus one). Just hanging out for a moment or two after work. I was working on Easter Sunday, so didn't cook.
Steve bought me the most beautiful planter filled with tulips, hyacinth and mini daffodils, all surrounding an Easter lilly. Replantable outside after the flowers have gone by. There are even some Pussy Willow sprigs.
I heard from son#3, then son#2, then Chris came over for a while.

I just read on the internet that ya'll are having MORE storms today, Karen. When I lived in MO, we used to practice Tornado Drills, moving the patients beds away from the windows, and drawing the curtains around the beds. Probably there was more to it, but that's the only part I remember.
 
Savi is so mesmerized by the junk draw--don't you just love it? Enjoyed the blog and Nancy and Heather's and Lyn's comments. Good luck, Nancy, with your move! Yes, we can't wait to get to visit with you guys beginning on Thurs afternoon, and then visiting Will, Kako, and Connor on Sunday. What we did yesterday after the Easter sunrise service, church breakfast and church service, since we did not have Brenda's family here for dinner--all 4 busy with other things-- was go to LLBean, then to Starbucks as the Lobster Cafe was not open (Karen, waaa!), then on to Bailey's Island, and Cundy's Harbor--really nice trip, and when we got back to Bath we ate at MacDonald's--Wow!
 
Grammy, It's DRAWER.
 
Heather, Draw, drawer--I've always made that mistake! Do you suppose it's too late to change? Hope not!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?