Monday, April 06, 2009

 

Day 1142 - Hippity Hoppity, Easters on its way...

Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

Heather - it doesn't sound like all the time riding in the car did your neck any good.

Your grandmother could tell you about that!

Get better soon!

Today it will be cold (40) with mixed rain and snow showers. Yuck.

Charlie is taking our Easter cards out to the mail today - as you know, I send a lot of cards!

I have this 'kiddie' Easter song playing in my memory - Heather will know it.

Here comes Peter Cottontail,
Hopping down the bunny trail,
Hippity, Hoppity, Easters on its way,
Bringing every girl and boy,
Baskets full of Easter Joy,
Hippity, Hoppity, Happy Easter Day!

There are jelly beans for Tommy
Colored eggs for sister Sue
An Orchid for your Mommy
and an Easter bonnet too...

Here comes Peter Cottontail,
Hopping down the bunny trail,
Hippity, Hoppity, Happy Easter Day!

I just looked it up on the internet, and the REAL words are just a touch different...

http://www.indobase.com/holidays/easter/easter-songs/peter-cottontail-song.html

Have a nice Monday! TTFN!

Comments:
My neck is finally starting to feel better. What really kills it is when Savi is sleeping with me. She's been doing great in her crib, but because she's teething she has woken up frantic a few nights in a row now. Of course I won't leave her in her crib if she's in pain, so she sleeps with us the rest of the night. ouch.
I love the peter cotton tail song. I'll be singing that to savi now =)
 
Your words are just as real as the ones on the internet. Lots of times they're wrong, or are another version, since they're basically folksongs...
 
I love that picture of little Savi, and I love that song, too, Karen. I wish they would put that on a card for children--see what they are missing! My Easter cards (only 4) were in the mail last week. Watch the mail, Heather. Hi Marcia! I spent the day at the State House in Augusta at a hearing for a bill to increase the money for home-care services in the State for the elderly and disabled. The local AARP chapter rented a bus, and there were 18 people from our area. We actually loaded the hearing room with AARP members in red T-shirts, and we spilled over into another room where the audio was piped in. We know how important it is to keep people in their own homes, as Gil's father was able to do with Gil's help and a private (vs. an Agency) home-care person.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?