Wednesday, April 01, 2009

 

Day 1137 - April and No Foolin'

Greetings, Bloggy April Foolers!

It's April, and there's no foolin' about that.

Congratulations to Will and Kako, by the way - I need to send a card!

I know that I've told this story many times, but my very first computer job was at Systems Architects in 1982.

The General Manager (Ed) called the four 'new hires' into his office for orientation on our first day, which happened to be April 1st.

He sincerely apologized to us, and said that due to an error, he could only hire three of us, and one person would have to leave.

We looked at each other, devastated. Who would have to go home? It was like a bad reality TV show.

Then Ed burst into smiles and said 'Just kidding - April fools!' Not funny if you were expecting your JOB to depend on it.

We totally bought it, just like I bought it when Brother-in-Law Steve told me I had a flat tire on April fools day.

Oops - be wary, and have a nice day!


Comments:
I'm too tired to fool anyone today. Jen and I FINALLY went to the gym yesterday. We have had the YMCA membership for 3 weeks but we made a schedule and are gonna stick to it. =) Me and Savi will go to the pool during the day..and Jen said they have a WATER PARK??? Haven't seen that yet, but Savi would love it!! time to lose that baby weight I've been lugging around for a year...woohooo!
 
Savi and I just got back from the Y. She loved the pool! Turns out we weren't supposed to be there..can only bring her during 'family swim' which is only 30 minutes long a few odd times a week. Wasn't too thrilled about THAT! But because it was pretty empty, she let us stay.

Savi had herself wrapped around my neck and was holding on for dear life. She started freaking out when her feet touched the water, but after a little while she was laughing every time I'd dip her in (all the way up to her neck!) By the time we were ready to go, she was waving at everyone and letting go of me so I could 'swim' her around. Lots of fun =)
 
Another new experience for little Savi! Yes, I remember those limitations of family swim time only. Like you observed, Heather, hardly any one was there so what's the big deal. Isn't that what a membership is for? Love that picture of Savi with the cookies, and the look on her face, "Maybe I shouldn't have the whole box!" Karen, you must have told me that April Fool's "joke" at AMS--pretty cruel, I would say!! A flat tire is much easier to take. No April Fool's jokes here as yet! Maybe I'll think one up for Gil!
 
Um, I actually think that boss was funny! Now you know better, Karen, you wouldn't be fooled again. Very rare in business to be "let go" in front of other people. Unless someone has made a real spectacle of themselves. Or you are The President.

Savi must have been so adorable waving to everyone at the pool. I can just picture it. We bought 2 cribs today - one for Samantha's new apt, and one for HERE. Got to have a bed for these babies. Sam is due in June, Kako in November. Savi will really be the big girl! Maybe she can try out the crib!
 
I wish Savi could play with all these babies! Tell Will and Kako she needs a friend...come live HERE!!!!!!
 
I miss a day, and Will and Sako have gotten married. Congrats!

No one would do a layoff joke now with the economy the way it is. My friend Tim's daughter at NYU called to say she was pregnant (a joke). I received early Easter flowers and a bunny from Eric--a pleasant surprise.

Early swimming is important--Savi will love it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?