Monday, March 30, 2009

 

Day 1135 - The Last Monday in March

Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

Hey - March is almost gone - better pay the end of month bills...

Here's a cute photo of Miss Savannah, looking like a 'wee elf', I think.

'Wee elf' sounds Irish.

Speaking of Irish, I made lamb stew yesterday, and we invited Buddy Joe to come and have lamb stew and cornbread with us.

Why Lamb Stew? Well, I was going to make beef stew, but boneless leg of lamb was on sale when we went to Wal-mart for groceries after swimming, so lamb won.

I put red potatoes, turnip, onions, carrots, celery, and green beans in it, as well as a carton of beef broth and a carton of vegetable broth, garlic, bay leaves, etc. It made about 2 gallons of stew. Hey Mom - I bought white turnip rather than yellow, they are easier to peel!

Charlie is happy there are leftovers, so he can have them for lunch this week.

Gotta go! Have a nice Monday!


Comments:
I don't think I've ever eaten lamb. What does it taste like? Chicken? haha!

Well my baby girl fell asleep in just over 10 minutes last night and only woke up twice. Yay Savi! Strangely, I'm still not sleeping well. I'm finding myself waiting for Savi to cry instead of enjoying the quiet. I'm used to waking up every hour or so to nurse her back to sleep! No more...she's a big girl now! =)
 
Today I wanted to read the blog to find out how Savi is doing when put to sleep at night, and Heather believe me, the credit goes to you! Congratulations! And another photo of pretty Savi! Karen, I think I have bought white turnip, Rutabagos, when there was no yellow turnip in the store. Now I have frozen yellow turnip just in case. Lamb stew sounds yummy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?