Wednesday, March 25, 2009

 

Day 1130 - Midweek and Midlife

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Here's Miss Savannah with a really cute grin.

I'm grinning too - because Charlie and I WENT BACK TO THE CAJUN STEAMER RESTAURANT AGAIN. That makes three times within a week. Oops.

We just HAD to, because we were nearby at the health club anyway, and did our hour-long workout, and then we were starving, and... and...and...

AND, it was Happy Hour! They had pint sized (beer glass) margaritas (frozen or on the rocks) for $1.99. YUM-O!

Hey, Buddy Joe - where are you? You need to meet up with us, Thursday or Friday after work!!!

Charlie had coconut shrimp with a side of cajun fried okra (really fresh tasting), and cajun mashed potatoes (yummy also).

I had the cajun salad, which comes with fried crawfish and shrimp on top. However, I asked for some fried oysters as a substitute, and my salad arrived with fried oysters and shrimp on top. Just what I wanted.

The fried oysters there are so good! I am going to have to order more of those. It is going to take a LONG time for us to work through all the menu options, but I am looking forward to the challenge!

TTFN!


Comments:
Sounds like a yummy place, Mamma! Not sure I'd love oysters, especially on a salad, but everything else sounds awesome!

Speaking of food...Savi has been a vacuum today! She had a bunch of those freeze dried strawberries this morning, half an egg and is now inhaling the freeze dried bananas...not to mention enough nursing to NOT be hungry for any of this stuff. Finally! She ate her dinner last night too. She's been refusing food off and on for a while now, so when she has a good eating day, it's pretty exciting! =)
 
Heather, thinking back to Christopher at about 1 year old, I remember him having growth spurts, with a big appetite, and another time telling the doctor all he would eat was eggs and bananas.
Dr Marks thoughtfully told me that sounded like a good diet. Bless him!
Probably why Karen remembers Christopher so plaintive in his cry for an "eggie, mamma!" They say kids always know what you worry about. As if to say "if you worry about an egg, I'll worry too!"
Funny.

You know, food allergies were still a new idea back then...the big thing was no sugar!
Karen, I guess we were the lucky last generation to get "Sugar Crisp" and "Sugar Pops," and sugar everything before it became a bad word!
 
Enjoyed your comments, Heather and Lyn, and Savi's cute picture. Karen, I love coconut shrimp but cannot find it here or nearby Auburn or Lewiston. Haven't had fried oysters for a long time. Tonight I'm helping on a supper put on for the Town Managers in W Paris and surrounding towns--the Univ. Church ladies.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?