Tuesday, March 17, 2009

 

Day 1122 - Sham-Rock On!


Greetings, Bloggy Leprechauns -

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Are you wearing green to work today?

I don't have a lot of solid green clothing, I have some olive green on. Somewhere I have a green fleece jogging suit jacket, but that might be too hot for work.

It's going to be in the 70's today, by the way.

I was in London once on St. Patricks Day and saw some of the St. Patricks Day parade. The noise of the crowd was more of a turn off than a turn on for me, so I didn't really 'participate'.

They also have a heck of a St. Patricks Day celebration in Denver, if I recall correctly.

Changing subjects:

Two of my nieces have birthdays this week. Their birthdays are just a couple days apart, so I always send their cards at the same time. Happy Birthday, Allison and Emily!

I am going to be a great-Aunt around Thanksgiving time this year. I know, I'm already a 'great' Aunt.

I keep a stash of greeting cards - birthday, valentine, christmas, etc. I'd better stock up; as my son says 'The family is growing!' It's about time to shop for Easter cards too.

Gotta go! TTFN!

Comments:
Happy St. Patricks Day! I'm not wearing any green at all...don't think I own any! Neither does Savi...oops.

Savi has the very first appearance of TEETH! Two poking through the top...woohooo! Wonder where her bottom ones are hiding? Those are usually FIRST. hmmmmmm...

Congrats to Will and his girlfriend! Congrats Lyn! We are all super excited about the new baby news!!
 
...I woke up green around the gills is all I mananged for this fair day.

Hooray for Savi's TEETH! You are right about those bottom teeth. This is a self styled smile of a girl. Good for Savi!

Many thanks for the congrats, now I will be a proper Granny. Ain't love grand?
 
Yes, the news that Lyn will become a grandmother sometime this November, thanks to the union of Will and Kako, is exciting news! Congratulations to all three! Savi wants cousins to play with! And we're happy with the news that Savi is getting 2 teeth! Yes, I'm wearing green today, and watched a little bit of the festivities in Dublin, Ireland, this morning on the "Today show" while doing my half-mile on the treadmill. Mostly I learned how to pour a glass of Guinness! If the blog were in sound we could be entertained by Karen's Irish accent!
 
Hey! where is Savi in GREEN? Her great great grandmother's name was Slattery.
A new baby who we hope looks just like our handsome Will!
I have on a shamrock ring, claddagh earrings and Irish linen sweater, all green that I bought in Ireland; a Shamrock bracelet Iris gave me in 1967 that I wear every year and a green and navy blue top. I go overboard with green every year. And, in about a half hour I'm going over to Harrington's where I have been going for 29 years, to have a tipple (or two). ERIN GO BRAGH!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?